7MGTE egr or no egr

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
lol so let me get this straight. if i get a wideband and a SAFC then i can do a EGR delete? (im also doing to lexi and 550's, walboro, AFPR.... ect... oh and getting it tuned)

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
IndigoMKII;1812323 said:
Hard evidence has been provided, higher EGT's and it'll run lean at cruise/slight loads because the EGR is not recirculating the gases back into the cylinder. This is not a myth but a fact.

i understand theres its been proved but I'm looking for actual numbers posted is all, everyone says it raises the egt's, but how much 50,100,300 thats just what I'm looking for is all. anyone can read a forum where someone else has said "it raises egt's" but iv searched for a site where hard numbers were put down and found nothing

All I'm trying to do is give people an idea of how much and what to look out for is all.

Last edited:

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
well thanks for the links guys :)

quick question though for those who had followed that thread, do you guys know if those test were performed with block off plates or was the egr cool still on but the rest of the system removed???

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
harley1985;1812384 said:
lol ok so..... lets just keep it. lol

He probably did things to his car besides that. Like the poster the other day that said at operating temps the car stalls. And started a different thread saying what should he do with his ISCV that is disconnected and leaking metered air.

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
Nick M;1812379 said:
Well alrighty then. As long as a rough idle and misfire is fine.

I don't know if it's fine..

As misfire, I haven't explosion in exhaust. Just littles ploc and an idle within the +/-50 rpm range from 600 or 900 rpm (automatic transmission).
My spark plugs are about 20000km old..

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
Nick M;1812390 said:
He probably did things to his car besides that. Like the poster the other day that said at operating temps the car stalls. And started a different thread saying what should he do with his ISCV that is disconnected and leaking metered air.

If you wanna try to attempt to bash someone get your info correct I simply asked if iscv could be bypassed and hooked straight to the throttle body seeing as the iscv is open after after it reaches 122 degrees and would be sucking in air from the charcoal canister constantly Anyways

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
nofx230;1812393 said:
If you wanna try to attempt to bash someone get your info correct I simply asked if iscv could be bypassed and hooked straight to the throttle body seeing as the iscv is open after after it reaches 122 degrees and would be sucking in air from the charcoal canister constantly Anyways

The ISCV sucks in air from the charcoal canister? I thought the ISCV was always open when the throttle is closed which is confirmed by the "pinch the ISCV hose while running and watch it die" test.

If you want to try and correct someone who is bashing someone, get your information correct.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Nofx... My head is exploding.

You're receiving expert advice from half a dozen people that have TONS of experience with this motor. It might be a good idea to step back, understand that there are many people here who know better than you. Accept that fact.

Depending on how old you are, there's a good chance a few people here have owned and modified their mk3 for about as long as you've been alive. Let alone how long you've even known what a motor was or how any of it works. Let that sink in.

Why would you think the iscv pulls air from the charcoal canister? Are they connected in any direct way? No.

Regarding the tests being run, I can't imagine them being run with the cooler still on the head. Id be amazed the person running that test was not that thorough. ;)

**additionally, the iscv does much lore than simply "open". It's a stepper motor which opens varying amounts depending on engine temp, electrical load, pulley drag, rpm, throttle position, vehicle speed, neutral start sw, a/c sw, starter signal, and finally oil pressure.

It's not simply "open" or "closed".

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
Meant bsvs not iscv whoops. Have a field day guys lmao. Honest mistake predictive text I really don't give a shit who knows what, it's just the simple fact that if someone wants to run a setup on their car you guys don't approve of you don't support the idea. How about instead of say oh that shit won't work don't remove the egr try saying well here are your options if you do choose to remove it etc.. Etc.. But what ever you guys,have fun with what ever, and never think outside the box. egr is coming off and will be tuning accordingly, shit if the motor pops ill just rebuild it no biggie, i just hope my mom gives me a raise on my allowance LMAO

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
nofx230;1812393 said:
If you wanna try to attempt to bash someone

I wasn't trying to bash you. You would know if I was. Mike has given me warnings about not abusing members. You will know when you are receiving fire. I read both of your threads, I know what you said.