7M-GE Intake?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
senshockey19 said:
or u could buy for 20$ on ebay lol.. so do u guys reccomend keeping resonator or ditchin it

Do whatever you like. ;) As far as I know there is no performance gain to be had from it at all. Our resonators aren't designed like most of those that cause restriction. If anything I suspect they'd help buffer the lag induced by the N/A "flapper" AFM. Any difference would be way too small for a dyno to show, so it's not really anything I'd be worried about one way or the other...

Get rid of the "flapper", then we'll talk. :evil2:

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Sorry, but have one question to ask. I also bought the civic intake set up and one of my problem is that the nipple and vac line for ps is too far away. OR was it perfect fit for u guys? If not, how and what to use to get it there? I saw the pic of TAKE....deity.. pretty much the same thing i bought. And i think his blue hose is just hanging there. Correct me if im wrong. Thanks

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Mine has the nipple in the same location as the stocker. Another member posted pics of his there as well. However, if you want, you can just replace the hose with a longer one. That or keep looking.

If you look back through the pics you'll see most of the Civic intake users have the PS vac hose running up near where it connects to the throttle body.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
yea i see what u are talking about the nipple being close to the throttle body. I will have to go look for a longer hose. Thanks for the fast reply

bigunitpitcher22

BoL Spartan051
Jun 13, 2006
vancouver, WA
www.myspace.com
s383mmber1 said:
The best way to do it is simply to purchase a 93-95 honda civic intake system off ebay. Take the pipe and cut about 1-1 and 1/4th of an inch off the bent end and replace with your intake on your supra! Ive got a pic somewere.... I jsut sold my entire setup to bigunitpitcher not to long ago...

edit!

And this set up definatly made my intake more audible. Now, i cant say i realised a power increase, but w/e it looks cool!

p537553_1.jpg

I did purchase this from s383! and it sure brightens up the engine bay, and its much louder :)

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
akito said:
^^ lol, who wants to tell us what they are running for the exhaust?? I want to know too
My N/A had 2.5" piping with an OBX canister, stock cat as well as an added resonator. It sounded sick, IMO. It was very deep and not too loud until about 2-3K RPM.

2169056_49_full.jpg

-Matt

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
I'm running stock cat and stock pipe, but I added a glass pack and it sounds beautifull. The 14 inch gives it plenty of throat and enough volume to hear easily and not be nerve racking. Definite gains as well from the glass pack.
Damn I need to get this car running.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
There is some gain to be had from replacing the stock muffler and resonator with something less restrictive. Upgrading to a larger pipe diameter helps reduce the restriction further. The stock system uses a baffled muffler and resonator and 2.25" crush bent pipe.

Personally I wouldn't pickup a better flowing muffler without going the rest of the way with the system... including headers and cat. Since I'm planning on going turbo eventually I'm holding off on the later two for the time being.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I got a 3" and it is kinda loud. I only got it because it was a killer deal and I have some future plans to better use it.

MA70Supra88

Boostless
Mar 31, 2005
Boerne, TX
I've got the Pacesetter exhaust. Build quality isn't the best out there, but it sounded good with the stock cat. With a test pipe installed it is loud and sounds like crap. There was a noticeable increase in power over stock, especially with the test pipe in. I'm putting the cat back on as soon as it gets warm out, though because I can't stand how it sounds.

IMG_1742%20%28Medium%29.JPG