7M-GE Intake?

TakeakiTheDeity

The Deity
Oct 28, 2006
San Jose
www.myspace.com
haha i've heard of a 7M-GE aftermarket hardpipe intake? Is this a theory or is it true? If so true, where could i find one or what kind of hardpipe intake fits for the 86.5-92 MKIII 7M-GE from the throttle body to the maf sensor?

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
TakeakiTheDeity said:
from the throttle body to the maf sensor?

I don't know the answer to your question, but I will point out that the stock sensor is called the "AFM".

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
The best way to do it is simply to purchase a 93-95 honda civic intake system off ebay. Take the pipe and cut about 1-1 and 1/4th of an inch off the bent end and replace with your intake on your supra! Ive got a pic somewere.... I jsut sold my entire setup to bigunitpitcher not to long ago...

edit!

And this set up definatly made my intake more audible. Now, i cant say i realised a power increase, but w/e it looks cool!

p463171_1.jpg

TakeakiTheDeity

The Deity
Oct 28, 2006
San Jose
www.myspace.com
s383mmber1 said:
The best way to do it is simply to purchase a 93-95 honda civic intake system off ebay. Take the pipe and cut about 1-1 and 1/4th of an inch off the bent end and replace with your intake on your supra! Ive got a pic somewere.... I jsut sold my entire setup to bigunitpitcher not to long ago...

edit!

And this set up definatly made my intake more audible. Now, i cant say i realised a power increase, but w/e it looks cool!

p463179_1.jpg

so... lyk i bought a 93-95 Civic/Del Sol intake not to long ago but it didnt fit.. just no way possible... but lyk.. did u move your "AFM" or anything? and could you come back on how much you need to cut.. im not clear on what 1-1 and 1/4 is.. is it supposed to be 1 1/4?

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Yeah i cut around an inch off the end that goes towards the throttle body.

And it was a 95 civic intake system. Idk, its really not to hard to find a pipe that fits that guys :dunno:

chedderknight

PiYauD-BaKa
Apr 4, 2005
Glendale, CA
www.myspace.com
I started a thread about this some while back, just search, as far as I know, you can get a pipe specifically made for the 7M-GE from 935motorsports, a bit pricey but plugs right in, or go the DIY way and get a civic intake from ebay or autozone.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
well i have one on mine and it looks good ill try to get a pic up of it. but it was already on it when i bought the car but ill call the guy and ask him were he got it from.

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
96-00 toyota corolla intake.........cut about a 1/4 inch off the bend end and pop into place........its what im running and it works fine cost like 20 bucks

2jzmkiii

Jan 2, 2007
Washington
You can get a hard pipe bent for you no problem. When I first bought my supra it was an N/A and I had one bent for me at a muffler shop. He used a
3" pipe and welded a little nipple on it for the air hose coming off of it. Depending on what type of piping they use you may need to paint it though to keep it from rusting. All in all though it cost me about $75 including the paint. You can get the paint at walmart.

TakeakiTheDeity

The Deity
Oct 28, 2006
San Jose
www.myspace.com
s383mmber1 said:

edit!

p474291_1.jpg

is that the stock adapter from the intake pipe to the maf/afm sensor? u jus cutted it right