6 speed 7mgte anyone?

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
williamb82 said:
ill be alright. my car weighs less then his firebird. remember, this is going in a mk2 not a mk3.

Sorry, didn't realize that it was going into and MKII and not an MKIII. For the aluminum, check out Alro Metals outlet over on 49th st. in largo. Thats where I buy al my material, they seem to have the best prices.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
where at on 49th street? i live in tampa. is it north or south of ulmerton and also, is it on the east or west side of the road?

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, spoke to the clutch shop. they said an r154 disc wit hthe gm spline is easy. and also is checking on the pilot i need wit thhe 7m o.d. and the t56 i.d. i also inquired about a custom twin disc setup using the gm splines. he said he will have the info i requested today so ill call back on my lunch break to get prices however they wont have the info for the multiplate setup till later as the owner isnt in today and he is the one that would have to check on the availability of the parts needed. just figured id keep everyone updated.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
man, this swap is turning out to be almost too easy. they said the disc is $119.32 for a 4 puck metalic sprung hub disc to fit the r154 pp and t56 input shaft. and the pilot bearing is an off he shelf part for a honda civic. like 89-00. still have to wait to find out about a multiplate clutch but most people wouldnt need that. so that takes care of the disc, the pilot bearing. etc... everything is falling into place. im gonna see if i can use the r154 slave and if i can, thats it. everything else is cake. the t56 slave is plastic and has no bleeder. so ill mod the r154 if possible to fit. only way i wont use it is if its impossible. i wont know till at least friday when i can grab it out of storage. also gonna compare the r154 throwout bearing setup to the t56 and see which one is beefier. im very pleased so far. everything is turning out easier then i thought. ill try to have the measurement for the driveshaft friday as well.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
keep up the good work man :) please post pics of the mods you have done and will do to make everything work so that it will be easier for those of us who follow this path ...... ME BEING ONE!!! Since i am running with the w58 and a 6 puck ceramic disk and a heavy dury pressure plate. I know i will need something a bit more stout soon .....

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
williamb82 said:
where at on 49th street? i live in tampa. is it north or south of ulmerton and also, is it on the east or west side of the road?

They are just south of Ulmerton about a block or two. if going I275 and get off on Ulmerton, make a left onto 49th st. (south direction) and they are down on your right.

Alro Metals Plus
12490 49th St. N.
Clearwater, FL 33762-4310
Phone: (727) 572-4344
Fax: (727) 561-7498

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
only prob right now is the speedo. the t56 is an electronic output. the stock cluster has a speed sensor on the back of the speedo. im wondering if it can be removed and then a signal convertor be made or bought to adapt the signal to the stock speedo. anyone have any idea on this? ive heard of digital speedo outs on the v160 being wired int toeh mkiii cluster.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
williamb82 said:
only prob right now is the speedo. the t56 is an electronic output. the stock cluster has a speed sensor on the back of the speedo. im wondering if it can be removed and then a signal convertor be made or bought to adapt the signal to the stock speedo. anyone have any idea on this? ive heard of digital speedo outs on the v160 being wired int toeh mkiii cluster.

why is that a prob? there are a number of mechanical adaptors for the T56.

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
bountykilla0118 said:
keep up the good work man :) please post pics of the mods you have done and will do to make everything work so that it will be easier for those of us who follow this path ...... ME BEING ONE!!! Since i am running with the w58 and a 6 puck ceramic disk and a heavy dury pressure plate. I know i will need something a bit more stout soon .....

i was expecting my w58 to last longer than it did....if you have more than 60k miles on it and are pushing more than 10 pounds of boost through it maybe you should count on it failing sooner rather than later...

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
lagged said:
i was expecting my w58 to last longer than it did....if you have more than 60k miles on it and are pushing more than 10 pounds of boost through it maybe you should count on it failing sooner rather than later...

heh. my W58 had like 175k on it when it finally died....

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
drjonez said:
heh. my W58 had like 175k on it when it finally died....

which makes me wonder if you were lucky and i unlucky or the other way around. mine had ~90k. im only at 10-15 psi on the stock ct26.

EDIT: err uh i mean or you were lucky and i was just....well you catch my drift and everything in between.

drjonez

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
the motor city
www.4cefed.com
lagged said:
which makes me wonder if you were lucky and i unlucky or the other way around. mine had ~90k. im only at 10-15 psi on the stock ct26.

EDIT: err uh i mean or you were lucky and i was just....well you catch my drift and everything in between.

eh, i suppose luck does play a part, but mostly it's just a matter of what oil you run and how you treat it. i never really launched hard on it (only street tires, i think a best of 2.0 60'?) though i did plenty of street racing and autox....i miss the W58 for its smoothness....