2jzge-t swap into my 89 mk3

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Few pics of my custom down pipe :icon_surp

its not the prettiest thing.... but it fits like a dream.:icon_bigg
I moved the O2 sensor back and up on top a little more.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

the shorter pipe is what used to be the mid section of the down pipe. I had to get that press bent sh*t out of there.Its going in the scrap box.

BTW, you guys running the turbo sx header with a 50mm waste gate... What did you do as far as your dump tube.
Theres hardly any room between the waste gate and the frame... i think i can do it but id like to see some pictures of what you guys did.

my e-mail is silvergsx623@hotmail.com if you guys have any pics of your dump tube. Thanks

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Just didnt' run one :) My WG blows against the framerail. I'm waiting anxiously for a knockoff of the Greddy WG to come out, it's rotated 90deg from the HKS and will put the dump facing the same direction as the DP.

Checked my alt wiring, the colors are the same on mine between the 7M and 2J so I just hooked them up the same way to the 2J plug.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Aah ok, Thats how mine is running now. When i was mounting the waste gate i wondered why it wasn't square instead of a rectangle.

Thanks one jay

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
silvergsx623;1059048 said:
BTW, you guys running the turbo sx header with a 50mm waste gate... What did you do as far as your dump tube.
Theres hardly any room between the waste gate and the frame... i think i can do it but id like to see some pictures of what you guys did.

At first I ran without one, then i got bored oneday and decided to make one. It didn't flow for shit but it got the job done. I made it by taking a straight piece of pipe, cutting it at a 45*, then welding them together to make a HARD 90*, then I just welded bends together to get it to the underside of the car.
IMHO the primary goal of a dump tube should be to get the exhaust out of the engine bay, and my dump tube did fine with that.

Currently, I just finished rotating the flange 90*, then it should be really easy to make a fully functional dump tube.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
AAh cool.

Can u post up a pic of it, so i can copy it for mine? lol i was thinking about just putting a very short turndown on it, just to give the exhaust a downward direction.

Another question for you 2jz swap guys. On the alt wiring... do any of you know what color wire/s connect to the corresponding 7mgte wires. (3 wire plug on the top of the alt)

thanks

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Here are a few pics of the intake and upper inter cooler pipe i powder coated..

Also a few pics of the supra, I took it out for a spin and decided to snap a few pics.

Before:
p1070968_1.jpg

After
sm_photo_missing.jpg

random pics in a parking lot:naughty::naughty:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

One of my favorite pics:love:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Its awesome. Even at only 4psi its the best "thing" I've done to the supra.

A boost controller is on its way so that should make it even more fun.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Got the MBC installed and got it up to 6psi. It feels pretty strong.
It ran dead nuts even with a LT firebird (auto):aigo:

Can't wait to get my SAFC to i can lean it out a bit.