2jzge-t swap into my 89 mk3

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
First off let me thank everyone at supramania and clubna-t.
With out all the help, this swap would not be possible.

Plan is to do the 2jzge na-t swap into my 7mgte supra. I plan on using the 7mgte electronics and my HKS 57 trim turbo for now.:icon_evil
eventually plan to get a piggy back, injectors... etc. I just want to make the supra reliable and enjoy driving it again.

Parts: (prices are from memory may include shipping charges)

2jzge engine - randjdistributing- $750
2jz bell housing bolts -drift motion- $30
2jz Upper Radiator Hose -toyota- $19
50 mm Wastegate - ebay - $90
flywheel bolts x 8 - Horsepowerfreaks - $22
Oil lines - (98mkv club na-t) $125
Manifold - ebay - $120
1jz bellhousing - drift motion - $380
motor mounts - bic performance - $185
1jz flywheel - drift motion - $300
1JZ PS Hose - drift motion - $70
Hi-Temp Gasket Maker -advanced auto- $8
Drill Bits - lowes - $15
Thread lock - advanced auto - $5
5/8 drain drill bit - sears $15
3" steel pipe - racepartssolutions- $28
Oil 5qts - advanced auto- $25
Anti-freeze 2 gal- advanced auto -$12
Powersteering fluid 1 qt - advanced auto - $3
brake fluid - advanced auto - $3
tooth brush - walmart - $1
simple green degreeser -advanced auto - $4
brakes part clearner -advanced auto - $5
7mge TPS - junkyard - free
EGR block off plates - boost logic - $45
Modded throttle cable - mobes (supramania) - $30
Power wire for alternator - advanced auto - $8
New round motor mounts - driftmotion - $130
Glowshift oil pressure guage - $47

Motor Pictures
p1010281_1.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Box of parts
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Here she is:
p1010281_2.jpg

I plan take a lot of pictures along the way. Maybe someone else will find them helpfull.
I plan to remove the 7mgte starting thursday night, june 19th.
Untill then, I am trying to collect all the parts i'll need and start prepping the 2jz for its new host.

Last edited:

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
The 2jzge arrived wed and I guess it upset my 7mgte. On the way home from work thursday night motor jumped timing and the pistons slapped the valves in 2 cyls. No compression in 2 cyls = no run, lol.
So the supra is down until the heart transplant in June.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
I decided to polish the valve covers and I'm thinking about polishing the intake manifold while I have it off.

I'll post up some before/after pics tomorrow or sunday.:nono:

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Hey, can you post pictures of how well that wastegate fits on the manifold. I have the same wastegate and the 1jz version of that mani (looks like XSpower) and they dont fit at all.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
My WG fits ok on the manifold, but there's no room for a dump tube. Seems like the options are having the flange rotated 90 degrees or just letting it dump against the block or framerail (what I'm going to do for now)..

THE1JZSPECIAL

Banned
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
LOL tooth brush $1 ,I like the parts list you didnt miss a thing.
Good luck on the swap its an excellent choice, you should pull some respectable numbers

A-model_

Jun 7, 2006
TX
What type of oil pan does this engine have? mid sump? Looks like your build is going to be fun.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
silvergsx623;1024386 said:
I decided to polish the valve covers

You may just want to paint them, after two or so heat cycles the valve covers become hazed. The valve covers are made out of magnesium alloy which oxidizes much more rapidly than aluminum.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
dok33-Yeah, Jon did a good job on that cable. (thanks for letting him use your car, if that was yours he used) lol

tlo86- thanks man

foreverpsycotic-Sure , i'll post a pic once i get the WG installed :icon_razz might be a few weeks... so just keep an eye out.

THE1JZSPECIAL-Hehe, yeah I'm trying to keep track to the nearest $1... so when someone asks me how much this swap costs I can give them a exact cost.
and Thanks :)

A-model_-I do believe its mid sump.

hottscennessey-Thanks for that bit of Info... I'll probably powder coat them then.
How about the intake manifold/throttle body assembly? Is it the same type of alloy. They look different then the valve covers.

torch'd-Thanks, yeah Ive been shopping around for this project for about 1 year. Been watching all the guys on here doin it.

dok33-LOL, No getto painting here... will be powder coating/polishing everything. (as time allows of course)

Sorry I haven't been on this week... work has been kicking my butt.
Hopefully Sunday I'll have some updated pics and whatnot.

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Question for you guys that have done this swap, running on 7m electronics. What did you do to your spark plug wires to make them fit in the 2jz head?

I compared the 2jz wire and 7m wire, the 2jz has a longer reach into the head. I figure I could trim the boot away some... but that might effect its seal.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Wanted to update you, the Mustang wires are too long if you're running the stock intake manifold, #s 3-4 get pinched under the TB. Jon and I ended up pushing the clip a little farther through the boot on the stock 7M wires and they worked fine.