200RWHP

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Well if he wants to blow a $100.00 to check it out I've got a syntheic blend of gofastgeorge's secret stuff and I'll double the order.

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
Why are you guys baging on the idea i mean u cant really say anything about it till you try it. i mean its got a money back garuntee. if i get it and its a POS then ill send it back simple! but anyway if i do it insteed of runin a piggy back couldent i just retard the timeing like turboin a na engine? i mean wouldent really solve fuel problems but it would stop detenation!

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Is it amps*volts=watts?

If so, then 700watts/12volts=58.3333 amps.

The stock alternator is rated at 70 amps, iirc.

Maybe you could retard the timing enough to stop detonation. Then your just running real lean. No biggie, right??

That's supposing it actually works....

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
um it says 700 watts and mine has been upgraded b4 i bought it it says 125amps on it i think im not sure its covered up right now and i dont want to uncover it. anyway ill look tomorow. but i mean it would run lean yeah. i mean i want to swap the motor but im 16 and workin the a$$ of for insurance plus dad is a master tech for toyota well used to be and he is a nazi and wont let me swap but i mean ill keep u posted if i even do it.

o here is the forum were the guy tested it and the numbers http://www.electricsupercharger.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5
thanks for the input i mean its worth a try but no one can really be a dick about it till they tryed it!
heres a good pic of one guy put up that his looked like when he got it http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2006142381694332266

DEFIANT 7M

101MM stroke of INSANITY!
Mar 30, 2005
Nashville/Miami
If you lean out, you loose an engine! It is the electric age Hybrid car this and that. Do it let us know, but if you aren't smart about it. It's on you! Make sure the fuel is there, at least get a fuel pump. Just don't slap the thing on and back of the timming and call it good. Then you are going to have a build thread going. Prep your car like you are going for a 50 shot, then you may have a chance if something goes wrong.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
I agree. Those things don't work. Period. Some of us can be dicks about it because we paid attention in science class. He should do the same.

Hey, what was it like being 16? Was it as scary and helpless as he makes it sound? Wish I could remember ;)

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
16 here, not experiencing anything like that.

Look dude, several people just clearly stated it's not going to help in any way, shape, or form. Ignoring the fact that it could very seriously hurt (aka destroy) your motor, why spend $100 on some useless POS? I'm working two jobs and $100 still isn't too easy to come by.

Ma70.Ent

Supramania Contributor
Feb 26, 2006
NJ
Heh, I already posted a pretty damn good link as to why he shouldn't do it, but I don't know how else to convince him :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
AGlobalThreat;865106 said:
DEFINITELY upgrade the exhaust, I LOVED my 3" on my NA. I went from a crush bent 2.5" to a catless mandrel straight 3" and it felt like a whole different car.
Still shoveling it I see...you posted a one and a half horsepower difference-pathetic no gain- a year apart, with that change. Over a crushed bent exhaust, the worst kind.

A quality 3 inch exahust will shift the torque up in the RPM range. 200 rwhp is feasible without breaking the bank. These low hp cars sound like they have problems, besides the old age and worn out.

OfnaRcR4;865576 said:
With my old NA, i was able to net a 15.89. If i remember right that was just with exhaust.

If you listed the mph, we could closely guess the hp needed to run that 15.89. 88-89 mph is about 180 rwhp in a 3650 car with driver.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Horse power cost money before, during, and after the build. Save the money from these cheap mods and put it toward rebuilding the motor. You will find out that it's the little things inside the motor that will come back and ass rape you over the hood of your car. The best mod to start out with is a fresh rebuild.

I'm going to try and help you get around your dad's "NO MODS!" policy. Here are some excuses ...err reasons you can use on your dad for getting a rebuild.

1) Better fuel economy.
2) Improved reliability
3) Cheaper than buying you another car (Most of the time).

If your dad is willing to help pay for the rebuild here is how you can sneak some things past him. He's probably against any and all external mods. So what does that leave you in the modding department. Internal mods. Remember the motor is almost 20 years old and will probably need some work done and replacement parts. And you are just trying to make the motor just as strong and reliable as it was. Just don't go overboard on the mods.

Let's start with the head. Here are some plausible reasons you can used

Shaving the head: To correct any warping from years of heating and cooling.

Porting and Polishing: To remove carbon build up around the valves and ports allowing better air flow.

Stronger springs: To prevent valves and pistons meeting each other because you know that one day you will mis-shift and over-rev the motor by mistake.

ARP bolts: To replace the stock ones with stronger bolts to help prevent BHG's from the head moving during the heating and cooling

Now for the block.

Boring out the cylinders: The cylinder walls were tapered and need to be bored out a little.

Over sized pistons and rings: To properly fit the new bore of the motor because of the tapered walls.

When buying your rebuild kit make sure that it comes with the modified parts you need. And remember your two best friends are the guy doing the work on your motor and the guy selling you the parts you need.

(Why do I feel like Eddie Haskel from "Leave it to Beaver".......)
(cue music)

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
Im sure you would need an aftermarket set of cams to do that. Get a few more RPMs out of it. the stock head and valves seem fine enough. just need to find a way to make power at 7000 rpms and your there lol

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Isphius;948968 said:
Im sure you would need an aftermarket set of cams to do that. Get a few more RPMs out of it. the stock head and valves seem fine enough. just need to find a way to make power at 7000 rpms and your there lol
Takes a lot more than a set of cams.:)

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
AGlobalThreat said:
DEFINITELY upgrade the exhaust, I LOVED my 3" on my NA. I went from a crush bent 2.5" to a catless mandrel straight 3" and it felt like a whole different car.

Nick M;918248 said:
Still shoveling it I see...you posted a one and a half horsepower difference-pathetic no gain- a year apart, with that change. Over a crushed bent exhaust, the worst kind.

Sorry but no that wasn't me. I'm speaking from experience

Ass.

sgtmcboom

Sep 3, 2006
fort myers florida
come on

I am on my third yes third N/A motor in my 89 supra.
The first motor was knocking when I got it I opted for a jdm replacement it ran fine. My "old" mechanic apparntly used the same oil pump out of the motor with rod knock well that didnt go to well car never had more then 20psi of oil and it went the way of the dodo also. So now I just installed my third N/A motor it is also jdm out of a cressida but it works fine I have a new oil pump a $200 oilpump it is running fine and works perfectly I have walked on a few little hondas that should have had me by the power to weight numbers and I like what I have right now.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
sgtmcboom;951748 said:
come on

I am on my third yes third N/A motor in my 89 supra.
The first motor was knocking when I got it I opted for a jdm replacement it ran fine. My "old" mechanic apparntly used the same oil pump out of the motor with rod knock well that didnt go to well car never had more then 20psi of oil and it went the way of the dodo also. So now I just installed my third N/A motor it is also jdm out of a cressida but it works fine I have a new oil pump a $200 oilpump it is running fine and works perfectly I have walked on a few little hondas that should have had me by the power to weight numbers and I like what I have right now.
So what are you trying to say???