2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Supraholics;1389453 said:
I didn't use the gasket either :biglaugh: I was just test fitting it...

I don't think sound deadner material would be good for your engine bay...

Yeah it prob wouldnt look good in the engine bay. I am however having another little touch done to the engine bay, a bit of an explanation and touch wood a progress pic tomorrow ...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Supraholics;1425072 said:
Me too! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Wow! Been away awhile and not a lot of posts lately! Looks like a number of us have TIME and $$$ constraints! DOH!!!:cry:

The dynamat does look nice!

-crisp

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
crisp;1425114 said:
Wow! Been away awhile and not a lot of posts lately! Looks like a number of us have TIME and $$$ constraints! DOH!!!:cry:

The dynamat does look nice!

-crisp

:1zhelp:

empera;1425145 said:
:: tumbleweed ::

xxxotiknightz;1426470 said:
Anybody hear crickets????

I think you two got a little disoriented... Let me give you a hand!

This is the thread you were talking about :biglaugh:
Milo's Booster Seat... My Build Thread. It's Awesome.

I got a box of goodies coming in this week!!! :naughty:

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Well, It's 1:35AM here. I started reading this thread at about 11, read all 91 pages.

I suppose I'll go to sleep once this boner subsides.

Keep up the good work, I should have a black 91 Turbo by Christmas, and your car is nothing but inspiration to me. You're really setting the bar here for a (re)build/restoration, this is absolutely the way a project should be handled.

.. well, that, and completing it ;)

Keep up the great work bro, I look forward to updates.

-Mike

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Whew ! Just finished reading all this and would like to say I believe you and I..somewhere down the family tree, might possibly be related....lol. If I had the shop and $$$ I would resto mine a lot like you have done. Although my 64k 89' is clean..it is not perfect, and I would LOVE to make it so. Your thread has helped me realize more so, and understand, why myself, you, and all other Supra lovers out there are the way we are about our cars. Kudos to you for sharing your car with all of us and taking the time out of your schedule to do so.

On another note, I dunno if you are dead set on the Kinesis wheels or the HRE's or not, but I would like to suggest (if I may) a set of Konig Afterburner's..Black w/prizm lip. I selected this rim after I thought about your car color, trim molding pieces, and all the other shiny detailed items.. I believe these rims would complement your car the most. Here is a pic:

p1428750_1.jpg

Anyway just wanted to suggest them...Keep up the awesome work !!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
This thing is still going...........I could have sworn I shut this thread down years ago..........:sarcasm:

MKIIISG, loving the dish around those wheels............:love:

bigchris023

Aug 2, 2009
allentown,pa
Great build going good to see some one in the Abe area on here. Project looks great so far loving the Photoshop pictures. Pm me if your looking to sell some of your spare parts laying around I need a motor for my 88 t. Thanks alot

erichaitran

Sep 14, 2009
New Mexico
dude......... you are my hero......... i wish i could do something even close to what you did to your mkiii, but sadly im too poor to do anything to it atm.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
remkye08;1428208 said:
hehe bro you got a lot of money to be doing all that :)

i want ur headers >.<

i was trying to polish old ones from mine but is too hard even with the little machine.

You mean "header" as in one? :biglaugh: - Thanks for checking it out...

xxxotiknightz;1428182 said:
I demand proof.

Here's a couple of proves. LOL... I'll have more later. Also a pic of my Custom FFIM in progress!!!

tanks.jpg

tank2.jpg

Custom tanks made to fit TRD oil caps to match with my valve covers. Made by Wes from Beech performance! - Gotta give it to Wes, for even a picky guy like myself, these parts are really well made!!!

The pictures don't do his parts justice at all!!!

MKIIISupraGuy;1428750 said:
Whew ! Just finished reading all this and would like to say I believe you and I..somewhere down the family tree, might possibly be related....lol. If I had the shop and $$$ I would resto mine a lot like you have done. Although my 64k 89' is clean..it is not perfect, and I would LOVE to make it so. Your thread has helped me realize more so, and understand, why myself, you, and all other Supra lovers out there are the way we are about our cars. Kudos to you for sharing your car with all of us and taking the time out of your schedule to do so.

On another note, I dunno if you are dead set on the Kinesis wheels or the HRE's or not, but I would like to suggest (if I may) a set of Konig Afterburner's..Black w/prizm lip. I selected this rim after I thought about your car color, trim molding pieces, and all the other shiny detailed items.. I believe these rims would complement your car the most. Here is a pic:

p1429306_1.jpg

Anyway just wanted to suggest them...Keep up the awesome work !!

Thanks! I really appreciate that!

The wheels I'm set on are the Work varianza wheels you see a few posts back with the red centers. That pic is a photoshop, but that's how they will be on my car...

suprahero;1428792 said:
This thing is still going...........I could have sworn I shut this thread down years ago..........:sarcasm:

MKIIISG, loving the dish around those wheels............:love:

Whoah!!! Are you still alive???? :biglaugh:

I'm like bad weed, never go away!!! :naughty:

bigchris023;1428812 said:
Great build going good to see some one in the Abe area on here. Project looks great so far loving the Photoshop pictures. Pm me if your looking to sell some of your spare parts laying around I need a motor for my 88 t. Thanks alot

Hey, I replied to your PM. And Yes, I have about 2 engines all torn apart, plus lots of small & large interior/exterior parts...so let me know if you're looking for anything...

erichaitran;1428955 said:
dude......... you are my hero......... i wish i could do something even close to what you did to your mkiii, but sadly im too poor to do anything to it atm.

We all gotta start somewhere! :naughty:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
whitem1ke88;1427541 said:
I suppose I'll go to sleep once this boner subsides.

...you realize... if that PERSISTS for MORE THAN FOUR HOURS...:biglaugh:

-crisp