2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
trydrew said:
New England maybe?

I'm definately watching this one. Intrested to see how this is gonna turn out! Keep up the good work.

It better turnout good or some paint guy ain't getting paid...lol.

I hope it turns out the way I want it :x:
Thanks for checking it out.

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
you need to get the camera ready and take a lot of pictures to keep us updated when the sup is done with the paint job. Good job at taking your time, it will turn out very nice. Im watching this thread very close.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Thank you thank you...camera is ALWAYS ready. I suck at taking the pics that are actually important though :icon_conf

I'll just have to take tons of pics and let you guys choose.

For now - INTERMISSION

Got a hat done :icon_bigg Also got the same for my wife and daughter but with pink lettering lol. What you think???

IMG_2614_SMALL.jpg

Website is not done yet though. Doing some early advertisement lol.

Last edited:

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
lol...yeah, is unbelieveable!!! This thing can be moved with one hand lightly on a flat surface. I'm telling you!!!!

If I can only have aluminum subframes!!! along with a bunch of other stuff...lol. Much much lighter. I've been looking into replacing the bumper support with one from another car, but I haven't had time to really do some testing.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
UPDATE:

I've been stopping by the paint shop. The guys are all over the car. I'm very excited about the final product. These guys are very keen into attention to details.

Some things that are being done to the car are:

I'm covering the hole for the power antena (on the spoiler, not the body itself), the hole for the rear wiper arm, and about 100+ holes in the enginge bay :devil:
They will be plug welded for better results and durability. (I hope Duane doesn't think I copied him :nono: I had this idea for the longest time, just didn't have the money to do it...lmao!!!!

I also received the OEM upper nose. I was going to drop by today but there was too much traffic and didn't have enough time. Possibly tomorrow if not, next week.

I've been shopping for parts as well. I'm also working on the donor engines I have to see what I can and cannot use.

I will post some pics later on.

sid

Driver
May 20, 2006
New Jersey
nice....I definitely want to see how this goes...especially since I started a build up for ne2k7 but had to change my plans.
good luck

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
UPDATE:

I've been stopping by the paint shop. The guys are all over the car. I'm very excited about the final product. These guys are very keen into attention to details.

Some things that are being done to the car are:

I'm covering the hole for the power antena (on the spoiler, not the body itself), the hole for the rear wiper arm, and about 100+ holes in the enginge bay :devil:
They will be plug welded for better results and durability. (I hope Duane doesn't think I copied him :nono: I had this idea for the longest time, just didn't have the money to do it...lmao!!!!

I also received the OEM upper nose. I was going to drop by today but there was too much traffic and didn't have enough time. Possibly tomorrow if not, next week.

I've been shopping for parts as well. I'm also working on the donor engines I have to see what I can and cannot use.

I will post some pics later on.

Looking good! Very nice progress on this build :) I am glad you are doing the welded holes in the bay etc.. It is the correct and only way to do it IMO. I also filled the holes in the body like you mentioned ;)

Duane

PS: Copycat :D j/k (I had to say it :biglaugh:)

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
No one likes the hat????

Time is dragging it seems. I told the paint shop "Take your time" and I mean it, but I'm so anxious to see the car done.

No one likes the hat??? lol

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
No one likes the hat????

Time is dragging it seems. I told the paint shop "Take your time" and I mean it, but I'm so anxious to see the car done.

No one likes the hat??? lol

I ma not a hat fan but it is a cool idea.

Duane

PS: Yeah, the sig I like hahaha :biglaugh:

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
I know it has been said but this is freakin awesome. Everybody always says to it right and replace everything, well you sure are doing it right. I really like what you are doing to this car. You really know how to take care of it. This is one build that I will definately watch. Thanks for making me jealous BTW :icon_bigg.

wow...
awesome.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Nickel and dimed - Thanks for the comments. Yeah, I'm trying to do it right, but having limited funds and being so anxious to see it done, sometimes I'm tempted to take shortcuts. No worries, I got a couple of people watching me and keeping me on the straight line :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

MKIII N00b - hahahaha, thanks N00b, hopefully is the good type of jealousy...otherwise I would have to get a restraining warrant for you

J/K :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Imprezademics - definitely get one. MKIII Supras are just beautiful cars and truly for what they offer, especially being that old, is really a Ferrari with a TOYOTA logo on it in my opinion.

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Good Luck, I definatetly know what it is like to have limited funds. I am still looking for a new body. But I dont think there is any rush to get a project done. Like you said before, you have other cars and you dont really need this one, so take it slow and dont worry about rushing it. Make sure you got everything you need and if you have to wait a month, whatever. With all that you are doing to this car you will probably have it for the rest of your life (as long as you take care of it).

BTW could you prolly find out how much it would be to get the car sprayed with the liner that you got? You said you will be going again so if you happen to remember that be awesome.

good luck again and I look forward to some more pictures.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
^^^^ true, I'm just so excited to see the car done, but I'll try to take it easy :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

As far as the under coating, I'll ask how much it would be to get it sprayed. You do the disassembling work.

The only reason I didn't have to pay, as I mentioned before, they owed me a favor. :naughty: