2008 Supra MKIII - Project 1BYDFALT

Raptor Racing

Supramania Contributor
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
Haha....i know man...just busting your chops. BTW; I might be in PA at the end of the month; if I have time to swing by do you have the drool remover handy?

johnbot123

supra noob
Jun 22, 2007
queens, ny
OMG.....i feel anything i have to say wud not even come close to what this build deserves...ive read all "69" paGES AND IM IN LOVE. leave ur wife and marry me....or maybe my supra? lol im so watching this build and ur my new hero. bet of luck with the build and if ur ever in NYC and need a friend or a new ower for ur car..please.........hit a homie up.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
johnbot123;1015087 said:
OMG.....i feel anything i have to say wud not even come close to what this build deserves...ive read all "69" paGES AND IM IN LOVE. leave ur wife and marry me....or maybe my supra? lol im so watching this build and ur my new hero. bet of luck with the build and if ur ever in NYC and need a friend or a new ower for ur car..please.........hit a homie up.

Thanks you kindly sir, but I already have a beeeeatch!!! His name is Duane :naughty:

UPDATE:

First a quick shot of the Carbon Fiber windshield cowl. PLEASE excuse all the dust. The picture really doesn't do this piece any justice. I'll take better ones once I get the suspension reassembled and the car on the ground.
IMG_5538_SMALL.jpg

Old Hub spindle:
IMG_4486_SMALL.jpg

Still old but not as old Hub Spindle: After math of sandblasting.
IMG_5209_SMALL.jpg

The better than new Hub Spindle: All coated with POR-15. Now if you know me, then you know these are not completely done...gotta take care of the details :naughty:
IMG_5431_SMALL.jpg

IMG_5436_SMALL.jpg

Trac arm, rear tie rods, etc, all coated with POR-15. This stuff is AWESOME, expensive but AWESOME. The pic doesn't do justice either. I'll take better pics in the sun so you can really see the details. This stuff dries to an incredible rock-hard, non-porous finish that won't chip, crack, or peel.
IMG_5433_SMALL.jpg

God willing, this Thursday I'll be traveling 4 hours one way to get my custom SS fuel and brake lines made :naughty: I can't wait... They will fit on the stock location and will be bent to stock specs, except for a couple of bends like the fuel tank breather, clutch, and the fuel feed will be 1/2" :naughty:

j3pz

still learning
Supraholics;1017863 said:
God willing, this Thursday I'll be traveling 4 hours one way to get my custom SS fuel and brake lines made :naughty: I can't wait... They will fit on the stock location and will be bent to stock specs, except for a couple of bends like the fuel tank breather, clutch, and the fuel feed will be 1/2" :naughty:

are you keeping the stock fuel filter in the same location? if i were to redo my lines i think id put it in a more accessable place. keep up the good work

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
What did you use to apply the Por-15? That stuff is thick! HVLP Gun? What size tip?

I'm pretty sure if those parts are exposed to light, they will eventually fade, the same company makes a topcoat that is UV-resistant

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
mobes;1018015 said:
Nice work with the spindles.
POR 15 > all of us.

Thanks.

empera;1018017 said:
yes sir...

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to make it :biglaugh:

Jaguar_5;1018042 said:
What did you use to apply the Por-15? That stuff is thick! HVLP Gun? What size tip?

I'm pretty sure if those parts are exposed to light, they will eventually fade, the same company makes a topcoat that is UV-resistant

I applied it with a brush. Because it dries to a rock-hard finish, the finish is super smooth. You'll never guess I used a brush. Is not that thick at all. You can apply it with a gun as well.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
Supraholics;992481 said:
[thumb]http://supraholics.com/supra/89supra/IMG_5557_SMALL.jpg[/thumb]

that temp gauge is plain scary... lol

oh and did you remove any tick marks on it?

nice stuff. did you make any mods besides the tune lights? is that cluster brand new?

i cant wait for this car to be complete! great job.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
LilMissMkIII;1018213 said:
Stunning :boobies: :boobies: :boobies:

Only three pairs of boobies?...I better get to work!

Figit090;1018373 said:
that temp gauge is plain scary... lol

oh and did you remove any tick marks on it?

nice stuff. did you make any mods besides the tune lights? is that cluster brand new?

i cant wait for this car to be complete! great job.

No, it doesn't come with any tick marks. Pretty much the only mods to it are the needles, the entire tach, notice the 9,000RPM (it will be used:naughty:) with the ECU LEDs.

The cluster is not new, but is from the car, which only has 74K original miles...so is pretty new. I've personally never seen one so new like this one...

I just sneaked out of the house for about 45 and got a little more done a a little piece I'm working on for the car. I won't say what it is, I'll just post pics when is done. :biglaugh:

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
WOW! Step away for a few weeks... and it's great to see the activity in here! Your patience and dedication make me introspectively depressed at my own lack of diligence... one of these days, I'll actually get crackin' on mine again!

-crisp

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
crisp;1019725 said:
WOW! Step away for a few weeks... and it's great to see the activity in here! Your patience and dedication make me introspectively depressed at my own lack of diligence... one of these days, I'll actually get crackin' on mine again!

-crisp

Would someone please translate the words in bold for us nonedumacated hillbillies?.....:biglaugh:

I too am diligently depressed with your introspectivities Miguel.......or whatever Crisp said.

prism1

prizmosis jones
May 24, 2006
fresno
OK its 4 in the morning and ive jut read every post. This is by far the most interesting thread ever.
From paint, to chrome moldings not fitting, to complete underbody and subframe refurbishing, to bikes falling and putting scratches in the paint.
This thread should be a f"ing sitcom!!!
Between titus and jay yelling for pics and you giving bs pics for updates.(seriously broken trees and canopys covered in snow lol). I laughed,(to the point where i almost couldnt read a post from titus with out laughing at a previous one stuck in my head),i cried and im am COMPLETLY jealous of you.
Keep up the great work!
Ps. how far are you from new kensington or arnold PA.? Im coming back to PA this summer and id be honored to just stand at the end of your driveway and drool from afar.:love::love::love::love::love:

Dustin