Roll Tide
Loooking awesome Mr. Driftking.................:love:

Too bad the black doesn't shine though..................:nono:

:rolleyes:

adampecush

Regular Supramaniac
May 11, 2006
Edmonton
so...who's car is going to be finished first, yours or mine (knowing me, my money is on you...)

nice work, I love the paint.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I was gonna say compressed air, but I bet a 50/50 alcohol and water solution would work real well, to wash it off then evaporate nice and quick!

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Damn, I was hoping you had the mouldings on. You still went with the chrome paint on the stripe right? Thats what I'm waiting to see. Hopefully my cars paint comes out that good. The car looks beautiful. You found a good paint shop. Now get to putting everything back onto it.

About the sound deadener...

Check out this site b-quiet.com

I'm gonna cover my car with deadener. Firewall, headliner, floors, doors, trunk, and under the rear seats. I'm going to put down the "Brown Bread" with the "VComp" over it. Along with the "HLiner" under the hood to replace the torn up fiberglass hell that is supposed to be the heat absorber. Obviously, I'm not worried about the weight of the car. Lol.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
suprahero - I told the guy it wasn't shiny enough. ;)

adam - if your money is on me (meaning you're donating) then yes, I'll be done before you :biglaugh:

Buck - I have been using the Air compressor, but you can only take off so much. I got time to do some research I guess. I've never had a show paint job before, so I don't know how to take good care of it.

Jaguar - alcohol on paint?? that scares me :icon_conf

JSH - lucky you ;) I also love when I read the whole thing without any delay or suspense. :biglaugh:

dcrusupra - Yes, I'm still going with the chrome moldings. checkout the pics below.

XXX - Just try and picture me that look at it every day, realliferightthereonmyfaceinfrontofme, several times a day, even in my sleep.:love: :love: :love: :love:

Update:

Ok, so I couldn't resist and HAD to work on it for a bit today! I installed the hatch rubber, door rubbers, center piece for tail lights, and front and rear side skirts. I also worked on the moldings for a bit and got a little pissed off. Here's why:

If you've read through the thread, then you know that I got Custom Chrome strip made for the moldings. I got exactly the same size as stock with the exception of a slight difference.

THIS!!!
IMG_3169_SMALL.jpg

As you can see from the picture above, the moldings have a notch on the edge to allow the strip to sit perfectly on the molding. The ones I had custom made DO NOT!!! Look below.
IMG_3171_SMALL.jpg

Solution: Even though it will be thinner, I've decided to have another set made that will actually fit inside the molding. I like how it looks instead of having it sit on top of the edge of the molding. Plus, since it will be thinner, it should look cleaner and more elegant. I'm always open for suggestions :icon_bigg I'm not going to cut the strip's edge to make it fit in. It won't look right unless is machine made.

Thanks for checking in my Supra brothers...more to come, hopefully.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I can't wait to see the mouldings on......................:love:

How hard is it to replace the quarter windows trim pieces? I want to replace mine, but I'm too scared to pull the trim off. I think someone told me that I had to remove the glass and everything. Is this true? Thanks.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
expertise level = high! You have to be really careful. THERE WILL BE damage to the window moldings. You can't help it. If you get it out without damage...YOU ARE GOOD!!! This shouldn't matter if you're replacing them though. What really matters is the clips. You have to be extremely carefull not to break them or you might end up taking the q-window out anyways to replace them. Work with a small flathead screw driver and cover the tip with protective tape. Also put protective tape on the area of the body you are working on. READ TSRM!!! They have very good tips in there. Anything else, let me know ;)

I'm starving and just stopped to check my email quick. BB later.

P.S - I damaged one so badly is not even worth trashing it. That one was from the hatch though.

Are you putting new ones in?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've replaced the ones around my hatch earlier this year and they're soooo pretty. I lost some around the top of my windshield so I called today on prices for them and the quarter windows as well. I want to replace them before the Chicago meet, but I didn't know how hard they would be. The ones on the hatch were a piece of cake though. Thanks for the info., Jay

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
I started to but it went over $1k so I stopped. Although it was without discounts from Champion or Elmhurst Toyota. I asked about the moulding around the quarter panel windows and the hatch window and it came out to be $555. They aren't cheap.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Yes, the entire set is over $1,200. With my discount it came out somewhere in the $900s (I have it at home). This is without the lower molding for the front windshield. That one I'll get in CF, which is $250.

Jay, you want pics???? I'll give you pics!!!!!!

Later on though. Got some work to do :biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
MKIII-DRIFTKING said:
Jay, you want pics???? I'll give you pics!!!!!!

Later on though. Got some work to do :biglaugh:

You and LIlMiss were meant for each other, but there would never be any sex, just lots and lots of teasing.................:biglaugh:

Bring on the pictures...................:rant2: