2 step launch control for a supra

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
There are stand alone units, but the Emanage Ultimate has a "launch" feature similar to a 2step. I don't know of anyone using it on a supra at the moment.

kingofyo1

Oct 22, 2008
mountain home ID
i want you to look up bee*r launch control... its a great sounding unit, from what ive seen youtube wise it works wonders. is the supra going to be a dd or track car? id only suggest it if and only if its a track car

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
any 2 step that does not control BOTH ignition cut and injection cut makes the 2 step and inadvertant anti-lag setup with no control on timing meaning that niether the user, nor a competent tuner will know when the fuel will ignite.

oscarsupra

Dec 23, 2006
El Salvador, Central America
figgie;1165229 said:
any 2 step that does not control BOTH ignition cut and injection cut makes the 2 step and inadvertant anti-lag setup with no control on timing meaning that niether the user, nor a competent tuner will know when the fuel will ignite.

Can you give me some info about a 2 step ????

Is a 2 step the same as launch control?????

Is bad for my turbo a 2 step?????

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
kingofyo1;1165130 said:
id only suggest it if and only if its a track car
Has almost nothing to do with using a 2 step, or the bee*r???

oscarsupra;1166742 said:
Can you give me some info about a 2 step ????

Is a 2 step the same as launch control?????

Is bad for my turbo a 2 step?????
Do you not know what the search bar is for? Honestly, its like you guys are getting dumber by the day! Either way try the links and do a little searching next time, it took me literally two seconds to come up with these.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70505&highlight=Dis4
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14479

kingofyo1

Oct 22, 2008
mountain home ID
TheNewRed;1166816 said:
Has almost nothing to do with using a 2 step, or the bee*r???

the hell it doesnt... if he's looking for a 2 step, its used for LAUNCH CONTROL. a good launch control costs a good amount of money. its a given, that with launch control you are also going to have a rev limiter, at least with the bee*r. the rev limiter can be a daily usage item. launch control, unless you are street racing on a daily basis, is a track specific item.

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
kingofyo1;1167374 said:
the hell it doesnt... if he's looking for a 2 step, its used for LAUNCH CONTROL. a good launch control costs a good amount of money. its a given, that with launch control you are also going to have a rev limiter, at least with the bee*r. the rev limiter can be a daily usage item. launch control, unless you are street racing on a daily basis, is a track specific item.

So let me get this straight, you dont think a 2 step, or any other launch control cant be integrated into a street car?

O and my man, i will be installing my DIS4 that i just purchased this coming weekend... i know the theroies, and i have done my research, i can assure you THAT:3d_frown:

Last edited:

TheNewRed

Oct 19, 2007
WA
Poodles;1167926 said:
Hey, guess what, 2-step/launch control isn't on all the time! Imagine that!

Thank you!!!! its all in what budget your dealing with, do some research!!!!

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
kingofyo1;1167374 said:

I swear I am about to go put my head through some concrete blocks..........

A real two step that has control of BOTH ignition and injection is not detrimental to the Turbo. The Bee*r or ANY other rev limiter that does only ignition cut (I am bolding it and putting it in red this time, next time I will engrave it into a shovel and beat the information into the lot of you)inadvertently becomes an Anti-lag setup as the fuel is still being injected and when the next exhaust event happens will ignite the unburnt fuel!!!

Read it until everyone here understands it. This applies to ANY car that is running an ignition cut based rev limiter.