1JZ BPU Gas Mileage?

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Just curious as to what everyone is getting for mileage on their BPU 1J's. I'm running a Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump, 3" free flowing exhaust without cat, cold air intake, and 14 PSi of boost. I'm thinking 13 if my foot is in it, 18 if it's out. I'll find out tomorrow what I'm actually getting, but I'm just curious. I figure on 6 full tanks of gas for my 1200 mile drive to Portland. Let's hear what y'all are getting.

Adam

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I got 25mpg on the highway with a 3'' exhaust, chinaman y-pipe, high flow cat, 24x12x3 FMIC, at 11psi. This was also with the silencer in the muffler. Around town, I get maybe 15-18mpg. I don't really calculate it. I'm mostly driving my Lexus anyway.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Joe, I've had my 1J for over a year, but I've only put on 3000 miles during that time. I calculated it once to be 17 MPG, but that's city and freeway with both sane and crazy driving.

Ds650rida, the Supra's fuel tank is 18.5 gallons, with a 2 gallon sediment bin (16.5 gallons of usable gas, meaning when you run out of gas, you actually have 2 gallons of fuel left that your fuel pump won't touch).

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
honestabe said:
Ds650rida, the Supra's fuel tank is 18.5 gallons, with a 2 gallon sediment bin (16.5 gallons of usable gas, meaning when you run out of gas, you actually have 2 gallons of fuel left that your fuel pump won't touch).
Are you serious? I've never heard this before. What is the purpose of a sediment bin?

Spaniard

Banned
Oct 21, 2005
La pearla PR
So what happens when you go with a fuel cell? you just run a big ass filter? I think having two gallons of unusual fuel acting as a "buffer" if you will adds a lot of weight.

Ds650rida

Mar 19, 2007
Jersey
www.myspace.com
sounds like dead weight to me thats a pretty big tank, i could only get about 14 gallons out of the pump when filling up, so your saying i had like another 2 gallon s of usable fuel left?

do 88's have like a low fuel warning light? i thought i saw one but it never went on idk if mine works or not, and i dont wanna find out the hard way.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Yes, all MKIII's came with a low fuel light, and I'm pretty sure the MKII's did too. When you get a fuel cell, the inside of the cell should be filled with a special foam that prevents your fuel from sloshing around. I'm not sure if you need to add a filter on top of that, but I don't think you do. Although if you do, it doesn't have to be very big at all. I haven't heard of a fuel filter clogging up in 15 years, and that was in a Chevy Lumina.

Adam

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
30mpg with normal driving and very few wot. i bet i could get more if i did no wot and precision fuel saver skills. its kinda hard to NEVER go wot though, sometimes you just have to speed up to get to highway speeds, its like that here. 35mph then all of a sudden 55mph.

i'm also single, so turbo does not spool as fast as the stock twins. also i think i average out better because i weigh less, less motor work, etc.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Well to about 60 Liters i will Get anywhere between 300 - 400 km

I am pretty heavy with the pedal i guess

On the good side for me that works out to 15L/100km or 15.68 mpg that is mostly city and some highway

On the bad side 20L/100km or 11.76 mpg :3d_frown: :aigo:

My mods are very few.
Just and intake HKS Mushroom and a close to free flowing 3" exhaust no cat but stock Y-pipe the Exhaust has a res and a large muffler it is an HKS Turbo Cat Back Exhaust system. Everything else is stock. guess i need to work on that milage :(

I will push though between 13 - 14 lbs of boost usually and some time i'll hit Fuel cut at 1bar

BTW Our tanks have a total capacity of 70 Liters or 18.49 Galons

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Ds650rida said:
damn i need to get my car done, i still have half a tank of premium in there!
You think thats bad? I have a wrecked car in my garage that has 1/2 a tank of c16.

To add to this thread, i got 297mi to 16g

Last edited: