1JZ BPU Gas Mileage?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I find it funny that over the years of mods, my car STILL gets the same milage that it always has. From stock 1JZ to big single standalone 1.5JZ

In the city, 60L gets me ~350km. On the highway, 60L gets me ~630km (even with boosting, and excessively speeding). I drive with a pretty big lead foot.

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
on my stock ecu i was getting incredibly shitty gas mileage. i used a whole tank to go to dallas, which is about 250 miles.

on my sard ecu it only takes half a tank to go 250 miles.

i avg about 24-25 mpg.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
Ds650rida said:
damn i need to get my car done, i still have half a tank of premium in there!

Me to bro,me to.....
Let's get those motors fired up :icon_bigg
Tommorow I am going to work on the jz project,from 18:00 till 00:00.
With a little luck I should get it ready in 2 weeks :icon_surp
Can't wait that moment of me puting the key into the ignition :love:

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
I am getting about 400kms of city driving in 50L on my 1JZ. Only mods are full 3 Inch Exhaust, HKS Front Mount Intercooler and an HKS Intake. Stock boost still as well. On the highway I get about 750km per tank.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I normally get around 300-400 kms on a tank but have gotten as little as 240 kms on a tank with a very heavy foot and lots of racing. I get 450-500 kms on the highway. This is with a DBB SP61, 550cc injectors, 3.5" exhaust and a Mines ecu/ SAFC.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Finally calculated my mileage on 92 Octane Oregon gas with hard driving, 15 MPG. Ouch! Average speed for 212.2 miles is only 21 MPH, so I'll count that as heavy footed city driving. I'm going to try driving gentle and see where that gets me. That, and getting some wider wheels.

Adam

Mine have been super erratic. The first fill up after the swap i calculated about 21. I was extatic, after that it was like 16. Since then it has been between 12 and 17. I just changed my thermostat to hopefully help, but i am kinda worried. I really dont drive with a heavy foot, so i was expecting in the 20's. That really was one of the main reasons to do the damn 1jz swap. I do think i need a new fuel pump also. it is a bit fishy at low rpms and has run a little lean under boost. Nothing bad, just sticks at about 14.5 afr under boost some times.

i know, but i am also not redlining her, i have only taken her to about 4700rpm. That was when i had the bad thermostat in. The last fuel map showed 12.5 under full boost. I am being very careful. I am guessing it is just the 7m fuel pump. Anyone else have ideas? It has the little rpm bump at idle and lower rpm and leans out under full boost. Any other ideas?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
12.5 is still pretty lean, man.

I'd be careful. I don't know if it's your pump or not. Could be on its way out.

I only had the stock pump in my blue car and it was fine running a 1JZ around 11-14psi.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
How are you achieving AFRs of 12 or higher with stock twins and stock ECU? What's your boost set at?

12:1 AFRs are a little on the risky side for a stock ECU. Not worth it to me. I would tune it a little more conservative than 12.5:1. And definately not 14.5.

And with a stock ECU, you don't have timing control, which is an important part of a safe tune.

You might be able to do 12.5:1 and be ok but if that's the lowest AFR you're seeing and 14.5 is the highest under boost, you're asking for trouble.

dbsupra90 said:
conservative tune is 11.5:1 range. most lean youd ever want to go is 12-12.3:1 it will make a little more power running that range, but less room for error. 11.5:1 range you can make really good power yet still have a good margin of safety.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=159348&postcount=2

Mine is a remapped ecu by Blitz. I believe they adjusted the timing.
OneJoeZee said:
How are you achieving AFRs of 12 or higher with stock twins and stock ECU? What's your boost set at?

12:1 AFRs are a little on the risky side for a stock ECU. Not worth it to me. I would tune it a little more conservative than 12.5:1. And definately not 14.5.

And with a stock ECU, you don't have timing control, which is an important part of a safe tune.

You might be able to do 12.5:1 and be ok but if that's the lowest AFR you're seeing and 14.5 is the highest under boost, you're asking for trouble.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=159348&postcount=2

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
annoyingrob said:
It all depends on the tune ;)

My stock twins used to run 12.5:1 on the dot, and it was awesome. It had a very good tune though.

:werd: Just a basic piggy back like emanage blue or emanage ultimate will yeild you timing control(not very expensive) Timing control is where its at, you can crank up the timing off boost and reduce the lag times significantly. :naughty: