1992 Turbo

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
I thought I'd better introduce myself and my car.

I live in Denmark. I'm 35 years old and this is my car:

DCP_2960rr.JPG

DCP_2961r.JPG

The car is completely standard apart from the wheels which are German Borbet A 10x17 both front and rear.

I have ordered new wider tyres but they seem to take quite a long time to arrive.

The engine looks like this:

DSCN0087r.jpg

Also standard. It's the original engine and it has never been opened.

The car had done 68K miles when I bought it. Now three months later it has done 73K miles. It drives like a dream.

The interior is also standard:

DCP_3077r.JPG

DCP_3075r.JPG

I'm the third owner and the car has a full service history from Toyota.

SupraIII.JPG

Someone really loved and cared for this car - I love it too. :biglaugh:

I feel a big responsibillity for keeping this car original and it good shape.

When that is said I'm in the process of adding TEMS and an original MKIV stereo to the car.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Thanks.

The wheels are sort of temporary. When I bought the car it had a set of 7.5x16 rims. I wanted bigger and wider wheels so I found these. I got them very cheap.

I'm still looking for another set but I'm still very much in doubt what to get. So until I make up my mind these will do fine.

This was how the 16" wheels looked. Nice ones but only 16".

untitledsup.JPG

Last edited:
May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Dirgle said:
Very nice car!

Question, is that the fabled Toyota cup holder under that stereo there?

Thanks.

No, that's not a cup holder. It's just a blank to fill out the double din space. At least that's what I belive. I have tried pulling and pushing it but it doesn't reveal anything. Maybe I should try yelling Sesame or something.

The armrest has a twin cup holder inside though.

Btw, I just won an auction on ebay for the mkIV double DIN stereo with CD. So it'll hopefully fit nicely.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Nice to see another 92. You have a great looking Supra! Very beautiful. It's great to see one that has been taken care of properly. If I ever got a second Supra, I'd want it just like this- 92, black, turbo, and mint. Keep it up and welcome.

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
that has got to be one of the nicest supras ive EVERY SEEN. its so clean looking and immaculate. u cant get much better then that. amazing car my friend. oh what id give to have something in that good of condition.

welcome aboard.

-Tyler

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Thanks guys.

I was very happy when I got it. I had several mechanics to go through it to check if everything was ok. They didn't find anything. It is completely free of any rust and everything works.

But unfortunately after two months disaster struck - I found out that it has had an accident many years ago and was rebuilt.

It wasn't mentioned in the service records and it was very difficult to see since everything had been done very well and everything that had been repainted had gotten patina.

The accident had resulted in the two front strut towers being pushed a third of an inch to the right. I found out when I noticed the left wheel is stricking slightly more out of the fender than the right.

I have had the entire car measured by Toyota and they say it's only cosmetical (everything is straight except the top of the strut towers where the fenders mount).

Anyway I have contacted Toyota to have them pull back the towers so it is completely straight.

I'll have it done within the next three weeks or so - I'm just waiting for them to have a gap in their schedule.

It's gonna cost.....:cry:

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
I LOVE your car!!!!!!!!!! It's definitely been added to my top few. Everything about it is perfect, and those wheels really caught my eye. It's tastefully different and really works. Welcome and post often!

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Kristian_Wraae said:
I thought I'd better introduce myself and my car.

I live in Denmark. I'm 35 years old and this is my car:

DCP_2960rr.JPG

in the land of VW (85-92) those wheels are highly sought after, abd rareky if ever cheap. also a total pain to find in a 10" you are one lucky guy, nice car love the interior xcept for the shifter ( slush boxes and i don't mix)

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Thanks guys - you warm my heart :love:

:biglaugh:

I just had new tyres fittet today. I took a few pictures so you can see how wide they are. I'm sorry for dusty car but I had no time to wash it today.

I think I'll lower it 40 mm some time soon.

DCP_3092.JPG

DCP_3089.JPG

My digital camera is more than five years old...sorry....