you silly newbs civic's are for kids

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Just google Manabu Orido. He owns Ridox(SP?) tuning and owns the Ridox Supra, "a JGTC car for the streets" as he puts it. Keiichi Tsuchiya was in the RX-7.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Oh, he also drove a Celica for a while but that was tuned by pros. The Civic was tuned by a local garage, watch Best Motoring then you will know what I mean. Still, he is no stranger to FWD, (Pro raced said Celica and dives FWD's all the time on Best Motoring.) I say mostly driver error and bad setup on the car.

SupraStardom

Nov 11, 2006
Council Bluffs, IA
Cornering well with a FWD is tough. My buddy can actually drift an old school prelude really well. Basically when entering the corner you downshift and bring your rpm to near peak and enter the corner turning your wheels with the turn and pressing the accelator enough so that wheels are actually pulling the car through the turn. It starts not be enough and your understeering you need to jolt the car somewhat hard hit to the brake pedal and or e-brake for a second. It should be enough to set the car correctly through the corner. It doesn't make sense for us with turbo'd RWDs to be on the throttle the entire corner and to be on the throttle and hitting the brakes and yanking e-brakes during a turn. So it's hard to drive both styles. Your one or the other. By buddy with a an old school prelude 2.0si can put on a hell of a drift show just by himself. He has been doing it for about the past 5 years or so. FWD isn't near as fun as RWD, but it sure as hell is alot cheaper. I drove the hell out of them in my younger days. Now I still have my 00 si with it's h22a. Built and my daily driver. Supra is in the garage until I get my turbo kit and a few other goodies.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
Punctuation much? LOL. I get what you mean though, I had a Saturn before the Supra and learned basic car control with that. It was a change up when I switched to a FR platform but I think I saved my self a headache by learning in the Saturn.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
what headaches do you mean? wearing out expensive parts on your supra? or smashing into stuff with a car less valuable? i have never really ventured into anything beyond daily driving (not spirited DD that is) the most i've done is an e-brake into my parking spot evey now and then....and sucky slides and stuff...lol.

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
I learned how to drive in a low power FWD, and still got into hairy situations. I probably wouldn't be here if a Supra was my first car. Plus understeer is easier to control for a novice driver, oversteer is harder for a novice driver.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Dude... That second turn he just locked up. Is he on fucking crack; looks like 99 % of drivers on the roads today.

All it would have taken for him to fix that was NOT lock up the breaks, down shift, e-brake, gas, and go... What a fucking panser.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
Just google Manabu Orido. He owns Ridox(SP?) tuning and owns the Ridox Supra, "a JGTC car for the streets" as he puts it. Keiichi Tsuchiya was in the RX-7.

Tsuchiya is pretty damn good behind the wheel, I've watched best motoring clips and have a few on the home comp ;).

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Not saying he couldn't... But explain to me why in the fuck he locked up the brakes and just slid into the ditch... LOL; I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my god damn chair

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Um, I can't view this vid on the work comp, but Tsuchiya was in the RX-7 according to a previous post, I was under the impression the civic was the one that wrecked? :dunno:

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
starscream5000 said:
Um, I can't view this vid on the work comp, but Tsuchiya was in the RX-7 according to a previous post, I was under the impression the civic was the one that wrecked? :dunno:

Yea.. the dude in the civic sucks balls at driving.. Anyone with ANY experience when locking up brakes in a FWD car would know to get OFF the brakes, e-brake, crank wheel, gas...:nono:

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
starscream5000 said:
Tsuchiya is pretty damn good behind the wheel, I've watched best motoring clips and have a few on the home comp ;).

I have a bunch of Best motoring DVD's and watch them religously. I actually learned a thing or two. Tsuchiya is my God, there is a reason why them the "Drift King". P.S. Look up 'Gumtape Deathmatch" on you tube it is nucking futs. (Find the one with Tsuchiya in the 86, not the Inital D one.)

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Sl1dewaysSupra said:
I have a bunch of Best motoring DVD's and watch them religously. I actually learned a thing or two. Tsuchiya is my God, there is a reason why them the "Drift King". P.S. Look up 'Gumtape Deathmatch" on you tube it is nucking futs. (Find the one with Tsuchiya in the 86, not the Inital D one.)
I still think he did this as fun. Hes too good to do it once, but twuce? haha come on.:biglaugh: