yet another....2jzna-t

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
Alright guys,heres another na-t build so just bear with me.My goals are 500hp on gte internals,7m electronics the cars intended to be a weekend car so i don't plan on driving it into the ground. The car im using is an 89 turbo targa.The unfortunate part about it is that its automatic,but that will change in time.Over all the cars in pretty decent shape,a few dent and little rust.the interior is in great shape minus the chewed up arm rest.anyway first thing i did when i got the car was rip the old 7m out(which had....you guessed it, a bhg).i then purchased a 2jzge out of an sc300 for a good price,which ive already began to tear down.Everything looks to be in great shape when i opened her up,not much wear at all really. any way i had the the block honed and decked to clean things up a bit,and my machinist said everything looks good,so im pretty with my purchase on the motor. as for internals,i just got a great deal on new oem gte pistons, rings, pins and clips and rods. as far as bearings go i was planning on using the clevite77's that titan has on their site.i'd like to get some opinions on their quality and if they'll be good for what im after. well thats it for now ive got a lot more post in few days. here are a few pics of the progress(if you can even call it that).
55658e25b8.jpg
[/url]
0911092154.jpg
[/URL]
pa200215n.jpg
[/URL]
pa200219.jpg
[/URL]
pa200220.jpg
[/URL]
pa200222.jpg
[/URL]
pa200223.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
n1576992837181264948.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
heres a pic of my old s5 fc3s:biglaugh:

and a couple shots of my daily driver.2001 prelude type sh

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
I'm in Hillsborough,its by Somerville.But yea tomorrow ill have a few teaser pics of my new gauges setup:icon_cool

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
i was planning on running one of the xs power ones off ebay.i cant really find any others for the ge that dont cost $1000+.although i heard that they have to be modified so the wastegate isn't in the way of the dp.anyone know about this?

2tonebb6

Jul 22, 2009
nj
OK,ive got a small update.i picked up my final version of my gauges today at kinkos,and i think they came out great.i made the gauges in adobe illustrator,and i had them printed on one layer of transparency paper,and one on regular paper using a laser printer.i was going for a bit more of a modern looking gauge face,and i wanted it to match my defi gauges.i think i got pretty close to making it resemble the defi's,but in the process of making my gauge layout,my girlfriend managed to crush my boost guage in a door:icon_evil.so it looks like ill be getting either a new defi gauge,or just go with prosports,idk yet.anyway here are a few pics to give you guys an idea of what it will look like
0914091206.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
^^^^^this is what the guages will look like when lit up.
pa200240d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
^^^^^i just realized thats where the speedo belongs:: facepalm ::eek: well its just a mock up for now.
pa210247.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
pa210250.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
^^what the defi's face looks like

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I want that tach...plain and simple. I dont have skills like that so yea... I'm jealous. Did I mention I want that tach design ?...LOL

Anyway awesome work, I'll be waiting on the finished product so I can drool and cry..:icon_bigg

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Dude can you email me that PSD file or just give me the size you used so I can manage to create something like that with CS3 :) Looks very trick!

speedjunkys

Sep 22, 2009
nj
hi guys. nice car. i havent been on the site in awhile but anyway im about to do the same swap and was woundering how urs came out, and some info. thankful for any info i can get.