Xsjado's JZGA70 - GTK 550 powered.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
Hot damn, that engine bay looks sweet! So, when is the rest of the car going to be that same color?

Keep up the good work

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
hks_trd;1020816 said:
Hot damn, that engine bay looks sweet! So, when is the rest of the car going to be that same color?

Keep up the good work

When I have the money :). Looks like I over budgeted the conversion by quite a bit, so its either new clutch or new paint. Clutch seems more tempting though.

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Update time!

After 2 months of waiting and $350 in fees later I finally got my Turbo, Wastegate and BOV today. Turbo's exhaust housing wasn't ceramic coated like it was supposed too and they sent me a silver wastegate instead of red. I assume I can buy a new housing in red for the wastegate, anyone want to trade or point me in the direction of a new one? I will be making the company that fucked up pay for it .

Enough ranting, here are some pics I took.

p1056833_1.jpg

p1056833_2.jpg

p1056833_3.jpg

This was my order from PHR.

p1056833_4.jpg

My AEM Uego was sent to Canada for some unknown reason too... One day things will work out I'm sure, just not when my car is involved... Expect lots more pictures of the turbo over the next few days .

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
nice setup mate ;) though I dont really get the difference between narrow body and normal body supras, I just don't see which is narrower :D Are only the fenders different or the whole body?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
xsjado;1056833 said:
Update time!

After 2 months of waiting and $350 in fees later I finally got my Turbo, Wastegate and BOV today. Turbo's exhaust housing wasn't ceramic coated like it was supposed too and they sent me a silver wastegate instead of red. I assume I can buy a new housing in red for the wastegate, anyone want to trade or point me in the direction of a new one? I will be making the company that fucked up pay for it .

Enough ranting, here are some pics I took.

p1056961_1.jpg

p1056961_2.jpg

p1056961_3.jpg

This was my order from PHR.

p1056961_4.jpg

My AEM Uego was sent to Canada for some unknown reason too... One day things will work out I'm sure, just not when my car is involved... Expect lots more pictures of the turbo over the next few days .

Man that is some tasty gear, will look sweet nestled in your engine bay :icon_bigg

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
xsjado;1021284 said:
When I have the money :). Looks like I over budgeted the conversion by quite a bit, so its either new clutch or new paint. Clutch seems more tempting though.

Nice work Glen. If you're interested my clutch is coming out in a few months when i pull the motor and put the twin plate in. It's not brand new but it was holding up ok with the ~250rwkW i was making...

Wouldn't want much for it, but its a hell of a job if it doesn't last long :(

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
big JON;1063081 said:
Nice work Glen. If you're interested my clutch is coming out in a few months when i pull the motor and put the twin plate in. It's not brand new but it was holding up ok with the ~250rwkW i was making...

Wouldn't want much for it, but its a hell of a job if it doesn't last long :(

Sorry just saw this now, what clutch do you have at the moment? I'm also looking for a twin plate or something to hold around 350rwkw or more with a potential super secret upgrade on its way :).

makaveli913 said:
NICE 1jz its awesome

In more news I have run into another week of delays with chroming. Hopefully work can start late this week. In the past few weeks this is all I have gotten done :p.

p1071158_1.jpg

big JON

Apr 23, 2008
Adelaide
i dont know whats in there dude, but chances are it wouldnt be strong enough for a bulk load of power. It came in the car from Japan so i dont even know how old it would be

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Quite some time since my last update and nothing new to really report... I bit the bullet and decided to pick up a standalone a few weeks back. Also picked up a TTC fuel rail and 680cc injectors to replace the 2jz 440's as I don't think they will be up to the task.

EMS Stinger+ DM PnP harness :D
p1107897_1.jpg

This weekend I finished my frankencluster too, well kind off. I still need to find some gauges that will look nice and have a green backlight to go with the speedo and tacho. The tacho is from an early model GA70, I didn't like it at first but it has grown on me, I guess having those extra lines might come in handy...

p1107897_2.jpg

Just wondering if anyone knows where I could order a new clear cover for the cluster, MUST be RHD :). I'm too lazy to look right now, if someone wants to tell me that would be great.

I got the first half of my chromed parts, after getting screwed around for close to two months and been told last week everything was finished...

p1107897_3.jpg

p1107897_4.jpg

xsjado

Engine bling!
Jul 15, 2007
Melbourne
Everyone loves the seats, I think whats happening in the engine bay is much more awesome :p. Thanks though. I'm tempted to ditch them for some Recaros or something else along those lines.