would you?

big idealist

drifter at heart
Oct 23, 2006
lowry city, missouri
ok, so noone really makes an actual cold air intake for our cars right? except for 2k racing, and its $200!! so lets say i made a certain number of cold air intakes, and put them up for sale on here... would anyone buy? it would consist of the adapter to the maf, and 3 inch piping going down under the head light, and the air filter, and a coupler to hook the pipe on the maf adapter. oh and itd prolly be for sale for $125, let me know what you guys think. thanks

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
seems like a good idea, but i think most people here (myself included) rig up something of the sort for a lot less than 125. that said, i honestly don't think too many people would buy a cold air intake. you might have better luck making a hardpipe that replaces the accordian intake on the 7m.

big idealist

drifter at heart
Oct 23, 2006
lowry city, missouri
yeah,i was thinking of doing the hard pipe to replace that too, but im not sure how much more that would cost me, and i was mainly doing this for the people who wouldnt like to go through the trouble, and then just buy a kit...but i figured somethin would be mentioned about the hardpipe

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to sell a few... but I don't think it'd be very many.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
wouldn't you have to cut the original oval hole under the headlight out to fit a 3" pipe and filter in?

big idealist

drifter at heart
Oct 23, 2006
lowry city, missouri
no, ive already done it... and to get to the filter you would get under the front bumber and just take out a little plastic peice with like 5 or 8 screws in it, and then bam. there it is. the hardest part is gettin the right length of the pipe and cuttin and bending it

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
When you say flexible aluminum piping only two things come to my mind: Mylar dryer duct (too many corrigations, adds a ton of turbulence), and the twist angle HVAC piping (which has too many flat edges and is still not smooth enough, again adds turbulence).

Are you thinking of something else?