Would it be silly to....

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
have carbon fiber mirrors & a carbon fiber hood on a white 89 NA? i was talking to some guy at a local auto customization store & he was all "it'd look like patchwork. you'd have to paint the car.. blah blah blah'

maybe then i should just paint different parts of the car different colors. ⌐_⌐

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I agree with Jon, but it's your car and you should paint it the color you like, not what some guy at a customization shop likes. If we're giving our opinions though, you can't go wrong with 8j3......................:biglaugh:

http://www.toyotareference.com/

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
No carbon mirrors but I think it looks good.

3.jpg

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I agree with Loki, though sometimes it reminds me of the ricer Honda boiz with their white Honda hoods black to pretend it's carbon fiber... I'd paint it, but that's my opinion.

I wouldn't get the mirrors at all though because I don't think it'd look very good unpainted, and if you do paint it then what's the point? The weight savings of carbon fiber mirrors can't be that high?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
MDCmotorsports said:
To each his own.

Black hood, black mirrors, bronze or black rims + white car = the sex

Agreed. :icon_bigg

(in a deep Ben Stiller voice).....

DO it.

DO it.

:biglaugh:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
^To each his own!...

I saw a vehicle with painted Carbon Fiber that was very faint and could see through it...from a remote distance (even a few feet away), it looked like someone put down 1 coat of paint and let it run in little squares. :nono:

Not a fan of that...but oh well.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
x87SUPRA87x said:
just remember it is your car, not theirs....do what you like not what everyone else tells you to do.

unless I tell you to do it, then act like it's written in stone.................:biglaugh:

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
No carbon fiber mirrors! How much weight could that possibly save?

Carbon fibre hoods on white cars with gold rims make me feel funny down under :icon_razz