Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
OneJoeZee said:
:)

http://i7.tinypic.com/6tneyyv.jpg[/IMG]

http://i11.tinypic.com/6sahmr4.jpg[/IMG]
http://i12.tinypic.com/8etr3vk.jpg[/IMG]

why, thank you! :biglaugh:

hehe... so whats the name of the place in the pics? i'd love to look at their site if it exists... i think this place was mentioned earlier in the thread but i forgot.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, if that car was $10,000, i'd have bought it already... cash.

absolutely gorgeous.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Figit090 said:
why, thank you! :biglaugh:

hehe... so whats the name of the place in the pics? i'd love to look at their site if it exists... i think this place was mentioned earlier in the thread but i forgot.

Toyota museum here in socal.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
holy shit and i never knew...

its not that unbelievable to only have that many miles on it...is it? I dont think so.... it doesn't look like its used....

did you hear about that car they stuck in a crate underground somewhere and pulled it up again sometime recently? that car was brand spankin' new... i'm not comparing how it aged compared to this (it turned to DUST) but i'm just saying stuff like this does happen. a few short dealer drives/moving the car from space to space...i could see 50 somethin miles adding onto the clock that way....

we never figured out where it's actually been all these years have we?

Heh...you know what this reminds me of? the BTTF Delorean, in the cave. :p

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
so i went and saw the car and it is beautiful. it's not really for sale the owner just has it out as a show car but he said 50000$ as a price. and they say it's brand new but i don't know it's pretty nice looking but the pain isn't AMAZING it's nice and shiny but lots of swirls so maybe just a bad power polish. and it smells brand new inside, tires still have the knobs on them, amazing car i'll post the pics asap

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
Ok I know I am digging up an old thread but I just found out that apparently (jeff correct me if I am wrong) the dealership only paid 2200 for the car. obviously someone got screwed.

Other than that beautiful car. Might take a trip to go see it.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
nickel and dimed said:
the dealership only paid 2200 for the car. obviously someone got screwed.

How could anyone do that? They would have to be some old person, really ignorant, or a very very rare auction that nobody who knows cars was attending....

Aug 13, 2005
Alberta
probably someone who got the car and wanted to sell it but knew nothing about it. I mean someone could have probably easily gotten 10k for it on the for sale section here.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Are you sure you didn't mean 22000? I can't fathom someone would have a car like this and let it for for 2200. Even if they "didn't know what they had", It's still a car from 1990 that's basically never been driven.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
debrucer said:
I can't believe nobody questions the mileage.

I think it's a given that the miles are correct.

I say this because:

1. I, like many of us can spot the tell-tale signs of a car that has been on the road.

2. Conversely, many of us who have spent time at, or worked at new car dealerships know how hard it would be to convincingly "fake" a new car as they arrive from the factory.

3. If this car is being sold by a licensed new car dealership, and it turned out that this car was knowingly misrepresented as new, when in fact it was not...the dealer in question would lose his dealer license, franchise and probably end up in jail. Not worth it, doesn't make sense and therefore not believable.

:icon_bigg