Worlds LARGEST Engine =)

Sl1dewaysSupra

Destroyer of FWD's
Mar 14, 2006
Colorado
I will turn it into a house and live there! I was watching a show on tv a while back on how they made them. Pretty amazing stuff.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
that would be SICK if they made a turbo for something like that, i definitely wouldn't want to be anywhere near the exhaust dump of that thing though

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
thechori said:
that would be SICK if they made a turbo for something like that, i definitely wouldn't want to be anywhere near the exhaust dump of that thing though

they do turbo these things...

ever seen the pics of the guy standing INSIDE a turbo?

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
well i dont think you can boost a 2 stroke...but yes most diesels have and need turbos. I rode in a ford f350 dump and it was fast! it was all stock, spins wheels and gets sideways(unloaded of course) i would run it against half the cars on the road. Its amazing what they can do with those motors. Also my aunts BF runs some kinda construction company, has a big rig kinda dump truck, boosts to 25 psi and is slow as balls haha. And the duramax chevy regular style pick ups are no joke either. And that 12 cylinder must take a serious ship just to make use of it. It weighs a ton!...not literally. I wonder if they get torque steer from that.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Should be able to boost a 2-stroke... still takes in air and produces exhaust...

Anyway...
"In October 2004, Turbo Systems United (TSU), an affiliate company of IHI, began selling TPL91-B, the largest turbocharger in the world for marine diesel engines. The TPL91-B, developed by IHI in collaboration with ABB, is already marketed by ABB in Europe and South Korea. This large-scale model is targeted for super container ships of the 8000TEU class, for which demand has increased in recent years. The airflow volume is 55 cubic meters per second. ABB has already received more than 60 orders for TPL91-B and the first TPL91-B will be mounted on the large container ship built by Hundai Heavy Industries and was shipped from ABB in June 2004. TSU has started to sell the TPL series in Japan and Taiwan and has already received more than 500 orders."
10023_1.jpg

Isphius

Supra-less :(
May 30, 2006
long branch
well yeah, but with the design of a 2 stroke the exhaust and transfer ports are open at the same time, so the boost is just gona blow out. Im sure it could boost to like ...0 or 1 psi(still better than vacuum) and would defeat all the resistance inside the motor and still make it much more powerful though