wiring help on 2jzgte

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Ok. I'm stuck. I've searched and searched, but no luck. I have an aristo motor that i've changed the oilpan and now im starting wiring. Is it similar to the supra's wiring or not? Could someone help me out with this wiring problem? i just need a diagram of what to connect, I've taken pigtail plugs from the 7m motor so i could solder them to the harness so it would be a plug and play type of deal... thanks guys really need help...

Turbo Skegget

Jul 27, 2005
Norrtelje
I can tell you one thing and that is the Supra has 3 big yellow connections to the ECU and the Aristo doesnt. I had an Aristo harness and for making things easy I bought a used Supra harness and a AEM EMS.

Guy Smiley

Jul 21, 2009
Portland, OR
^^ what?

I just did Aristo in Cressida and my motor came with the three 40 pin plugs and the huge dash connector.

AZN- PM your e-mail address.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Turbo Skegget;1497088 said:
I can tell you one thing and that is the Supra has 3 big yellow connections to the ECU and the Aristo doesnt. I had an Aristo harness and for making things easy I bought a used Supra harness and a AEM EMS.

well i figured that the plugs arent the same, i want to hack at it and solder the plugs i want to use but i dont see the Ea1 or 2 plug they're talking about..

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Turbo Skegget;1497088 said:

PM sent

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Does anybody know where I can get the diagram on how to wire in a 2jz using the aristo harness into a ma70??? I really need help I want to get this thing on the road... thanks so much...

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be a good idea to get pinouts for the Aristo ECU and pinouts/wiring diagrams for the receiving car? I'm getting close to being able to afford a motorset and have been studying diagrams of my car and it's ecu pinouts and was kinda thinking that matching alternator, ignition, etc to the one's on the new ecu would do the trick and then prune the things that might not be necessary to my application like cruise control or abs or auto tranny crap. Made sense to me... Is there another way

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Ok... I know nothing about using an aristo harness, but why not run the 2jz off the 7m electronics? It's ALOT easier and allows you to keep your stock turbo stuff... I'm not sure if it's a major difference between the 2jzge and the 2jzgte, but it should be easy enough to swap the wiring over from the 7m... Read some of the 2jzna-t threads to get an idea of what I am talking about.

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Nghty89;1499667 said:
Ok... I know nothing about using an aristo harness, but why not run the 2jz off the 7m electronics? It's ALOT easier and allows you to keep your stock turbo stuff... I'm not sure if it's a major difference between the 2jzge and the 2jzgte, but it should be easy enough to swap the wiring over from the 7m... Read some of the 2jzna-t threads to get an idea of what I am talking about.

really damn i like cut up my 7m harness and took some pigtail plugs off that i needed but i didnt keep the harness. so damn... i think im screwed but i'll check on it to see if i cant just intergrate the pigtails i took off into the aristo harness...

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Vrank!!!;1499654 said:
Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be a good idea to get pinouts for the Aristo ECU and pinouts/wiring diagrams for the receiving car? I'm getting close to being able to afford a motorset and have been studying diagrams of my car and it's ecu pinouts and was kinda thinking that matching alternator, ignition, etc to the one's on the new ecu would do the trick and then prune the things that might not be necessary to my application like cruise control or abs or auto tranny crap. Made sense to me... Is there another way

ok thanks, i just hope i cant get it all wired up... im just having a problem with the Ea2 plug that the aristo harness dont have like the supra harness for the 2j. same goes with the plugs under the glove compartment its one whole peice instead of two separate plugs... so im just confused...

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
AZN MK3;1500588 said:
ok thanks, i just hope i cant get it all wired up... im just having a problem with the Ea2 plug that the aristo harness dont have like the supra harness for the 2j. same goes with the plugs under the glove compartment its one whole peice instead of two separate plugs... so im just confused...

repin the aristo harness into your factory plugs is what I'm thinking, as long as everything matches up... Guy smiley may have the answer for you as I'm sure he has the aristo side covered and diagrams for the supra aren't hard to come by, let us know how it goes

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Vrank!!!;1504832 said:
repin the aristo harness into your factory plugs is what I'm thinking, as long as everything matches up... Guy smiley may have the answer for you as I'm sure he has the aristo side covered and diagrams for the supra aren't hard to come by, let us know how it goes

thanks i'll be sure to p.m him to get the diagram... i just want to get her on the road and going... i'll keep you guys posted..

Vrank!!!

hahahahaha
Dec 17, 2009
TX
Good luck with your project man, sounds like it's gonna be alot of fun when you get it up and running. Keep us posted