wiring harness question

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
i working on my 5spd swap switch the harness and the plugs dont match up. the harness and the tranny plugs are different same color almost the same plug. its a abs w58 and my n/a doesnt have abs. both two wire plugs. any ideas?

the fuel injectors are the same color whats the order they go in? all the other ones i had have been differnet colors.

also whats the best way to change the plugs on the harness if they are broke?

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
i only have so much time on works computer. does the w58 with abs have a different plug the the non abs? my 87-88 non abs harness donest plug in the the abs transmission plug. i dont know the year of the transmission. am guessing 89? another question the fuel injector plugs are the same color what the order they go in? tsrm would be nice. thanks

N

NDBoost

^alternating colors IIRC it shouldnt really matter what order the fuel injectors go in..

bitsnake

May 10, 2005
Dresden, Germany
never seen a non abs supra here but if i´m correct there should be no rear speed sensor on the non-abs W58 cars. If the car was auto-trans before the swap the A/T would had the rear speed sensor but this is different on non-abs / abs cars. If so i´m sure that connectors would be different also if the wire colors are the same.

ABS rear speed sensor is a 3-wire plug, 2-wire should be the backup-light switch. Maybe the plugs are different but if the colors are same you could use another type of plug / simple (waterproof !) connectors on both sides.

changing harness plugs is bit difficult. there should be a "connector repair handbook" on your toyota dealer where you find all connector housings with the right part numbers. some parts are out of production but the important things like injector housings or ecu side of the engine harness are still available. have some part numbers