Mar 2, 2007
calgary
wingless is alright i think

p701641_1.jpg

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I'm still deciding wich way I want to go as far as the wing is concerned... I have 89+ tails and the 3-peice wing sitting here... deciding if the wing is going on when the car goes to paint....

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I'm going to be removing my rear wiper and antenna when paint time comes regardless if the wing is going on or not.. I think it will look much cleaner without them.

I also kind of like the sleeper factor of looking 100% N/A on the outside of my car... then again as soon as I get on it the loud ass turbo spool and bov kinda hurt that image hehe

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
BorHor said:
I like wingless just as much as I like ones with 89+ wings

Pfffffff I bet you never had one! :biglaugh: i like my ugly 88- wing.. just wish i put on my 89+lights.. but I'm to lazy! WAAAAA:cry:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
p701898_1.jpg

Wingless haters, go fly a kite. :)

That said, only certain cars look good without the spoiler. Not to toot my own horn(ok maybe a little) but black is just about the only color I find it really attractive in for various reasons. Since things like the sunshade, mudflaps, lip, bottom of the stock sideskirts, etc are all black, the car looks more balanced as a opposed to another color where those things would be contrasting. The sunshade helps alot...

I'm not really a fan of the pre89 look anyway but without the wing it doesn't really help at all.

But that's just me... Everyone's taste is different.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
tissimo said:
joe your car needs a wing.. looks like poo without it.. The hatch shade with nothing on the bottom look empty..

I disagree, of course this thread is all opinions.

I agree with Jeff that whether or not wingless looks good depends on the rest of the car.

I prefer the 89+ wing or the bomex whale tail.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Big Wang Bandit said:
There is nothing to set it off, it looks like a bench. Go look at a S13 without a wing, Park bench

I don't want to 'set it off.' In my opinion, my car looks understated, yet aggressive. And that's exactly what I was going for. There's nothing that really draws your attention to one area of the car.