Windshield Repair

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
Well, it seems the person who owned this car before i did never bothered to replace the windshield wipers(ever from the looks of it) & there are all these scratches on the windshield from the old worn out wipers.
it's not bad enough that i think i'd actually need to replace the windshield, but it is annoying when you drive & it's right there in your face.

is there anything i can do to sort of "rub out"/smooth out the scratches?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Ya, dont those FREE WINDSHIELD REPAIRS!!!*** guys do that sort of thing? Im talking about the ones with the big yellow signs in mall parking lots.

I've heard good things about them, although i dont think its ever really free.

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
I think that's only for rock chips, this guy is talking about scratches, which the chip fill method I don't think will do anything for. I don't really know here, but I would think you would have to have the windshied polished to get rid of scratches, or replace.

And as for those "free windshied repair" guys, go to wal-mart, buy the $10 kit and do it your self. It is the SAME THING these guys do, and you will have the kit to do it yourself when it happens again. I've repaired many windshields in my family using the same $10 kit. And none of them have reappeared even though some were done almost 2 yrs ago.

JoeyD

Feb 5, 2007
Oceanside, CA
Red Dragon said:
I think that's only for rock chips, this guy is talking about scratches, which the chip fill method I don't think will do anything for. I don't really know here, but I would think you would have to have the windshied polished to get rid of scratches, or replace.

And as for those "free windshied repair" guys, go to wal-mart, buy the $10 kit and do it your self. It is the SAME THING these guys do, and you will have the kit to do it yourself when it happens again. I've repaired many windshields in my family using the same $10 kit. And none of them have reappeared even though some were done almost 2 yrs ago.

yes, it is just alot of scratches. no cracks/chips. well, i think i am just gonna go see what they do have at WalMart and perhaps something will work.

thanks fellas!