Will a HKS Super Drager Exhaust be suitable for a 7M-GE?

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
D7MSupra;1365192 said:
put some american stuff on it. how about flowmaster or magnaflow with some custom fab work. probably wouldnt sound all that bad being N/A.:bling:

Both IJ and myself have both already suggested a custom fabbed exhaust. However, the OP stated that it would cost roughly $800

D7MSupra

Ive Infracted
Apr 6, 2008
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Well im sure it can be done cheaper than that honestly. Besides that truely is the best option unless swapping out for a gte. If you think having a custom tricked out exhaust is gonna be cheaper than fab job your not thinking realistically because it cost to build that just the same plus it has to be shipped to you. The nice stainless ones have to be kept clean so they dont rust out as stated above, espeacially when its around road salt. The only reason that our cars have big diameter exhaust is so that our turbos can spin more freely boosting performance and efficiency. If you dont have a turbo dont buy a turboback exhaust system. I have Tanabe Hypermedalion systems on both of my gte supras and its an awesome system as long as its maintained i.e. cleaning and inspection on occasion. Also my systems run from the turbo all the way to the back. All the aftermarket systems usually have to be bought in 3 - 4 pieces anywho which adds up $$$$

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
At one point, I had a cat-back 3" "straight pipe" done by a local muffler place for $100 on my turbo car.;) (Just temporary while I sourced my Super Drager... but it worked just fine... albeit a bit RUDE!:naughty:)

Depending on how "nice" you want it, a decent muffler shop can often fab something up for a few hundred dollars... not bad, but to KNOW that the system is TUNED (especially on a N/A) you may want to spring for the better engineered name brand system. On a turbo car, if it FLOWS FREELY, then the "tuning" of the exhaust is not as critical as a normally aspirated car... as I found out the hard way dicking around with mine when I had it. Even a BOUGHT system that was "cheaper" proved so annoying (sound/resonance) and FLAT-Spot power, that I went and spent the money to put the HKS on it later.

Good luck with your choice!;)

-crisp

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
First of all, what is fab/fabbed? Don't understand anything of that word.

Anyway, I think I'm just gonna go with the HKS drager, which MVP Motorsports says is for both NA and Turbo. If there would be a 'local' exhaust shop, it would be at least an hour away, and service and prices here in norway are really bad, so I'm just going for a known brand. If the HKS is too loud, I'll just add a baffle to quiet it down some.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
If I was mad at you I wouldn't have started my post with "my friend" If I was mad at you you would know it. Someone else suggested a pacesetter setup, I was simply sharing my experience to let you know I dont think its a good choice.
You decided to respond by suggesting i was putting a supra exhaust on a truck and moreso, that it was my fault it rotted out because i didnt spraypaint it?!
You start a thread, people come and post replies to what you said. Then more people come and post replies to both your post and the other posters coments. Thats how it works here. We are all trying to help you here.
The Super Dragger will fit both the NA and the turbo, because the piping is the same, not because there is 2 versions, The super dragger was designed for the turbo, and while it will fit the NA, it will be loud as fuck and you will probably loose more low end than you will gain top end.