Will a HKS Super Drager Exhaust be suitable for a 7M-GE?

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Last edited:

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
I see.. engine is pretty much stock so. I was going to buy the HKS drager from MVP Motorsports, but the
shipping to norway was almost as much as the exhaust it self! And shipping from the link I posted is rather cheap..

But have you got any other exhausts to recommend? Links to places to buy from?

Thanks

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have that exhaust on my car which is turbo but even on the n/a cat back is the same just 3 inch is a little big for a n/a but if you plan to go turbo down the line you will already have a turbo exhaust

the exhaust is quiet with a deep rumble which i like alot because i can hear the tubo so well, i don't think it will differ to much on the n/a

i got mine from horsepowerfreaks about a year ago, i think shipping took a week and the shipping price was pretty low for that and the price of the exhaust was lower then i could find anywhere else brand new

check my build thead if you want to see a few pictures of it installed

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
So 3" was horrible in what way? All the time? Or just a bit exhausting when going on longer trips? I find it rather weird that BrandonW says it's quiet on the turbo, but on the NA it will be seriously loud? I know there is more exhaust noise on the NA, but is it really that big of a difference?

What exhaust would you recommend?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
All the time ;)

It was LOUD, like 100Db loud and droned like a bitch at highway speeds.

Don't take this the wrong way but for an NA I wouldn't bother unless the stock exhaust was rusted or damaged.

There isn't much of a performance benefit to be had and it's never going to "sound" nice.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
I'd love to have a exhaust with a good and deep sound on it, especially when it's a Supra engine. A loud exhaust makes it seem like a even bigger engine then it has, and it will turn more heads. I can understand if it sounds rather silly, but I've always loved the exhaust sound. Although I don't want it to be so loud that the police will pull me over all the time.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Off the shelf nothing springs to mind, I'm sure some of the guys will jump in with suggestions, I'd just get a custom 2.5" system built and use a pair of good quality mufflers in the stock locations.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
As IJ said the turbo quiets things down alot. Definitely keep your cat to keep things a little quieter. If your looking for a replacement, do what IJ suggested, but if your hooked on HKS, their turbo exhaust is actually alot quieter than the super drager, and has a touch more backpressure too. Should be reatively quiet, yet still ready if you want to upgrade to turbo. I run the HKS turbo with no cats on my car and it had a nice deep rumble at idle but was fairly quiet when reved up so i cant imagine that it would be terrible on an NA then again, ive never tried it. the turbo exhaust is also like $100 cheaper, and fitment is better than factory.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
scotty;1363998 said:
Thanks. :) Is the HKS turbo exhaust only dual tips thought? I'd much rather prefer a single bigger tip I must say.

You are correct sir. When i ordered it i thought is was single tip like the one in the pic on the HKS website. I was dissapointed when i saw it, but after i put it on i was actually really happy with the way it looked.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
IJ.;1363973 said:
Off the shelf nothing springs to mind, I'm sure some of the guys will jump in with suggestions, I'd just get a custom 2.5" system built and use a pair of good quality mufflers in the stock locations.

+1

I agree with Ian. I was actually going to suggest this before I read his post.

I suggest going to an exhaust shop with your chosen resonator and muffler, and have them fab you a 2.5" system. It should be relatively cheap :icon_bigg

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
I would probably get that done if I didn't live in norway.. everything is so expensive here. One guy got a 2.5" with dual tips done, and it was almost $800, so it's rather expensive.

But over to another question then.. what 2.5" single tip exhausts are out there? :)