Why do my vents stay on?

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
The air vents that the A/C/Heat comes through keep blowing air even when I turn the air/heat off. The just blow room temp air at a little less power than the "Med" setting. Is this normal??

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
gtsfirefighter;1354556 said:
If you have it set to receive outside air, then yes it's normal. If you set it to recirculate then it should stop.

So if I just hit the recirculate button it'll quit? I dont think I've paid attention to what it was set on when it did it. Just thought it was annoying when I turn my heat off cuz i'm hot enough and it keeps hittin me with warm air...lol

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
GrimJack;1354561 said:
Also, if you turn the temp setting to the lowest extreme, it will still flow air, but it'll just be ambient temp.

I thought that could be it, so I turned it back on, turned it up a little to about 72-74 (lowest is 65) and turned it back off. Still had air flow so I figured that must not be the issue...

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
WaKonabi217;1354559 said:
Just thought it was annoying when I turn my heat off cuz i'm hot enough and it keeps hittin me with warm air...lol

GrimJack;1354561 said:
Also, if you turn the temp setting to the lowest extreme, it will still flow air, but it'll just be ambient temp.

WaKonabi217;1354563 said:
I thought that could be it, so I turned it back on, turned it up a little to about 72-74 (lowest is 65) and turned it back off. Still had air flow so I figured that must not be the issue...

Grim is saying you can adjust the temp of the air so that it won't be hitting you with warm air. Temp setting has no control over air flow when the system is off and the vent is set to outside air.

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
gtsfirefighter;1354832 said:
Grim is saying you can adjust the temp of the air so that it won't be hitting you with warm air. Temp setting has no control over air flow when the system is off and the vent is set to outside air.

Ok, well on my way home today I tested out the turning it on to recirculate thing and that did the trick. Thank you. Why does it blow when it's not on recirculate?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Because it's vented to the outside, so what you are feeling is the air being pushed through by the speed of the car. If you stop moving, it should stop blowing.

Outside / Recirc controls where the air comes from. If it's outside, you'll always get air movement when driving.

The temp control turns on and off the flow of hot coolant to the heater core inside the cabin. At full cold, it turns off the flow, and you'll get ambient temp air out of the vents. At any other temp, you will either get hot air, or the car will use the A/C to drop the temperature to what you have selected.

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
GrimJack;1354952 said:
Because it's vented to the outside, so what you are feeling is the air being pushed through by the speed of the car. If you stop moving, it should stop blowing.

Outside / Recirc controls where the air comes from. If it's outside, you'll always get air movement when driving.

The temp control turns on and off the flow of hot coolant to the heater core inside the cabin. At full cold, it turns off the flow, and you'll get ambient temp air out of the vents. At any other temp, you will either get hot air, or the car will use the A/C to drop the temperature to what you have selected.

Yea I knew what the outside and recirc controls did, I just didn't know it was vented to the outside. Good to know tho thank you guys