why a free car fax could be your worst nightmare

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I understand... I have to remove my alarm system, because if I remember *its been so long since my car ran* I was having problems with the alarm killing my starter...

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
suprageezer said:
I didn’t post it for all you wizards out there. it was for the youngens, sorry sometimes I just fell like helping them with some insight, but freaken A the comedians and know it alls seem to always chime in like I did sumtin wrong, so I if you can see the info that ain’t for you cause your well lets just say Well Informed, try just it leaving it at that once in a while.
I'm 22 years old now, so I guess I count as a youngun in this forum. I personally appreciate you watching out for us "younguns", but we're not as dull as you may think. I don't say this to be arrogant or rude towards you at all, but some of us have the capacity to have some insight.

I have already taken various precautionary measures with my car for when I finally take it out on the road, but having a father and grandpa like I did (lawyers and preachers), and being an industrial engineering student, security and prevention have been integrated into me.

The reason why I have never mentioned anything I have done is obvious. A really smart thief could just get online, search for a forum, and pinpoint Supras with just pictures we have posted ourselves for our online friends, and then just somehow track you down. If you give out just a bit of information, they will consider preparations.

They have tried stealing my mother's Corolla 4 times already. We have an inside joke that it's God watching over her car (she's a very religious person), and it may be so, but all the car had was the factory alarm. Had we actually done some of the steps I did with the Supra, we could have most possibly prevented the damage caused to the entire steering wheel assembly, all 4 locks, and the dangling, front signal lights (they managed to detach them from the body, but couldn't disconnect the lights). Sounds like real novices that tried to steal her car.... I hope it wasn't the same one cuz I think after 4 times, he should have managed something.

Anyhow, I can't depend on God's divine hands to prevent thieves from stealing my car, or at least doing serious damage to it due to failure of doing so. I just hope everyone else in here takes measures (insurance for instance) and instead of posting threads about "how to break into my car and hotwire it", use PM's instead. There are mods in here that, if they don't know the answer, I'm sure they could point you towards one of the more knowledgeable members on the forums who I doubt would be troubled to help you out with that matter. Hell, we even have our own electrical expert :biglaugh:, just bug him like I do (sorry jetjock).

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Every member here should have a hidden fuel pump switch somewhere on their car. And every member here should flick it off when they park it.

Admittedly, the thieves with tow trucks will still get your car, but you've cut out 95% of the problem right there. Just don't put it somewhere obvious.

Oh - and of course, nobody should ever post up where they mounted their switch, and don't tell anyone in person, either. Remember the rule - one person can keep a secret. Two people can keep a secret as long as one of them is dead.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
or get a decent alarm system that kills the ignition/fuel...

what scares me is supra owners may possibly be stealing other supras, which would mean they know all the tricks already :3d_frown: