Who's car is this? (on streetfire)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
NickSupra said:
Funny Vid. I happened to run across this one also. I noticed SupraHero in it. http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Toyota/0/cb29f9be-80f5-4c50-9572-985c00c37c70.htm

Sorry if any of the smoke got on you guys through your computer. I was running a little rich......................:biglaugh:

I only made 377 that day on 12 psi. I think his dyno is off a little. Everyone thought it was reading low. I had dynod three days earlier to get it tuned and I made 397 on the same boost.......................:dunno:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
The kid lives in Connecticut I believe. I go to school with him. I didn't believe he even had a Supra when he told me because of his lack of knowledge on his own car when I asked him about it. And all I hear him talking about is Honda's
Him: "What engine you got?"
Me: "7M"
Him::confused look::
Me: "you?"
Him:"a 1"
Me: "1...JZ?"
Him: "Ya ya"

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
MassSupra89..........for a second there I thought you were talking to yourself, but then I realized you were talking to Him and Me....................;)

That 1jz takes off like a bat out of hell......................:burnout:

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
MassSupra89 said:
The kid lives in Connecticut I believe. I go to school with him. I didn't believe he even had a Supra when he told me because of his lack of knowledge on his own car when I asked him about it. And all I hear him talking about is Honda's
Him: "What engine you got?"
Me: "7M"
Him::confused look::
Me: "you?"
Him:"a 1"
Me: "1...JZ?"
Him: "Ya ya"

lol...

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
Fuzz420 said:
Thats from the louisville meet when we all dyno'd :)

My cars in there too :D, the first black right after supraheros run
Dude, my car sounds just like that too. Are all N/A's like this? Maybe it's just the style of mufflers we both have? But it has that raspy sound in the higher end.

-Matt

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I'd say it's from a resonator either in the exhaust piping or the muffler design itself. I'd never hear a NA supra before until that meet, I was quite surprised by the rasp, not to mention all the condensation your exhaust was shooting out of it on the dyno.

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
starscream5000 said:
I'd say it's from a resonator either in the exhaust piping or the muffler design itself. I'd never hear a NA supra before until that meet, I was quite surprised by the rasp, not to mention all the condensation your exhaust was shooting out of it on the dyno.
Mine doesn't shoot out condensation though. When I upgrade my exhaust I'll definently be sure to get a resonator in addition to the cat.

-Matt

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
LOL what a ricer, B20 civic I tell ya that .4 litres over the 1.6l really helped him, wow. When will people stop attacking mk3's because they are old and think they can whoop on them, mk3's are old but if done right very dangerous to mess with.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
starscream5000 said:

say what i was shooting condensation on the dyno,thats new to me. The 2jz lexus that ran was really spraying something, i dont know if you seen that.

GotToyota? said:
Dude, my car sounds just like that too. Are all N/A's like this? Maybe it's just the style of mufflers we both have? But it has that raspy sound in the higher end.

-Matt

I think its maybe partly both. I think with the n/a you can go with a larger outlet, mine is only like a 3inch out

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Both of you were, I haven't watched the videos, but I remember it from being there. Yours was spewing pretty good when first took off on the dyno at low RPM's, musta been the cold weather or something. It cleared up after you started putting full load on the engine.

BTW: I woulda thought the Lexus would put down more than it did (like only 177). I wonder if something was wrong with it? It sounded damn good though ;).