whos bought one?

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
I bought one of these a couple years ago. it is still holding up but we had to reweld a couple spots around the wastegate pipe last time i pulled the engine. its shiny but not really all that great. i will be getting a BIC or make my own this next time around... which should be in the next month.

the stainless steel on these are sooo thin also, it was a bitch welding it because it kept falling apart.

Racer-X

Jan 25, 2009
Rendsburg
I can´t tell anything as far as quality is related but I´ve ordered the 3" elbow and then we will see.

As of today he hasn´t answered nor did I receive a tracking#.

I´m a little curious since he sold quite a lot of those DDP but he hasn´t received anymore feedback since he sold the first row...

Doesn´t sound that good for now...

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I saw one of those "ddp's" in person at SILV 08' and I almost barffed!!, its sad to see what my origianl design has turned into....... the pipe is so thin you can almost crush it by hand, the flanges are warped badly, the bolt holes dont line up, the divider plate is just slapped on there, and doesnt fit the turbo housing........sounds like a great part that I want to put on my car. :nuts:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
^^^^^^^^PM This guy if you want to bolt a quality part to your car in a few minutes and never think about it again.

Don't take Randy's word for how crappy the China parts are, he's their primary competition. Take it from their own mouth. Our parts are crap that we don't stand behind, but we are cheap! Do you think Randy would tell you that you are screwed if you got one of his DDP's and had to cut and weld on it to make it fit? Hell no, you wouldn't get it in the first place, but he will stand behind his work.

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
Mario;1272751 said:
haha Hey!! i just bought one of these haha we will find out how it works in about a month BYE BYE snow..... Its bolted to my megan dp just got to drop in with my hks.

I went to the link...they are so freakin lazy they couldn't even do a write up on there POS. Support the vendors or you will lose there support=no more new products.

bkma71

supra coupe
Jun 7, 2005
troutdale, Oregon
Personally I wouldn't trust it

has anyone seen the mookeeeh products? has like exhaust, downpipe and inverted shock coilovers? any experience?

Not to be rude, I do respect and support purchasing from vendors. But yes there are also lots of places, and I even notice a lot of local shops that are selling and installing parts that would have been considered cheapo garbage such as megan, k-sport and so forth. One reason is because these companies are getting growing reputations to do what the customers need them to do for cheaper; And the other is because shops are capitalizing more so when they can sell more. Mainly what Im trying to say is sometimes you do have to give new companies a chance not necessarily china products

I understand high prices when new things come out as lots of r&d is still going into the product such as the ffim's but like now once things start being mass produced and there is lots of competition it drives down the price. I notice some vendors are reluctant to reduce their prices when this time comes. Not that I can blame you as I would be the same way. But sometimes I think vendors could benifit more from lower prices with more sells for the same product rather then keeping their prices high and only selling a few.

Also for Bic I notice that your products are made from mild steel rather then ss? Isnt ss kinda the standard for exhaust parts?

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
SupraSportJack;1273269 said:
I went to the link...they are so freakin lazy they couldn't even do a write up on there POS. Support the vendors or you will lose there support=no more new products.

They copy your products. Why does it surprise you that they would plagiarize you at the same time?

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
bkma71;1273322 said:
Personally I wouldn't trust it

has anyone seen the mookeeeh products? has like exhaust, downpipe and inverted shock coilovers? any experience?

Not to be rude, I do respect and support purchasing from vendors. But yes there are also lots of places, and I even notice a lot of local shops that are selling and installing parts that would have been considered cheapo garbage such as megan, k-sport and so forth. One reason is because these companies are getting growing reputations to do what the customers need them to do for cheaper; And the other is because shops are capitalizing more so when they can sell more. Mainly what Im trying to say is sometimes you do have to give new companies a chance not necessarily china products

I understand high prices when new things come out as lots of r&d is still going into the product such as the ffim's but like now once things start being mass produced and there is lots of competition it drives down the price. I notice some vendors are reluctant to reduce their prices when this time comes. Not that I can blame you as I would be the same way. But sometimes I think vendors could benifit more from lower prices with more sells for the same product rather then keeping their prices high and only selling a few.

Also for Bic I notice that your products are made from mild steel rather then ss? Isnt ss kinda the standard for exhaust parts?

I agree with this guy. ^^^

Racer-X

Jan 25, 2009
Rendsburg
I second that.

One more thing I would like to stress out ist the fact that indeed some parts are overpriced IMO. To be honest, I WAS thinking about getting a BIC downpipe, but, yeah, great product - no doubt - but kinda pricey. That´s why I dropped it in the end and didn´t buy one.

I mean, this is not the only part. There a couple of other parts which I find more than overrated (Lipp 3" elbow).

Another reason why I bought the 3" from this Chinese vendor is to see if it´s really that bad. If it´s not accurate craftmanship I can easily reweld it. It did that already a couple of times and in the end I still saved quite some money.

I am not the "buy-it-cheap-by-any-means-guy" nor the "I-ain´t-got-no-money-guy" but if there is a good offer why not?

I mean, who wouldn´t do that, to be honest?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Dec 25, 2005
Stillwater, MN
"I mean, this is not the only part. There a couple of other parts which I find more than overrated (Lipp 3" elbow)."

Ouch...quality is not over-rated.

We have had the chinaman offer to sell us our elabow back they copied direct from us...you only have to mill the flanges flat, redrill the holes, junk.
Competition is key in any industry, however in an market that caters to one generation of one make of one model there are only a few of us actually producing new parts. If we as in ALL of us like BIC, LIPP cannot sell our new innovations because they are copied by everyone in China ,then what incentive is there for us to create new products that you will not buy until someone copies it?

If we are not going to make money to pay or checks why would we take all the time to produce new stuff? Liking the car does not put food on the table. Selling parts is the key, the China parts are made from inferior steel with poor quality control. We do alot of work with many companies in many industries. We have seen many products go overseas for manufacturing and back to the states because the end product is bad. By choosing to use inferior products on your car is a choice, but remember this thread in a couple years when you will be asking why doesn't anyone make this product for our car or here is a good product idea. No one will be there to produce it and it has to be made here first because the chinaman cannot create a new product just hack ours.
If your only interested in the now and don't care that nothing new will come in the future by all means buy the chinajunk to save a dollar...you will also be able to save in the future because there will be nothing new to buy

Sorry for the long post, but this an important issue

Last edited:

InFrnt0fU

Lurking Supra Socialite
SupraSportJack;1273632 said:
Ouch...quality is not over-rated. We have had the chinaman offer to sell us our elabow back they copied direct from us...you only have to mill the flanges flat, redrill the holes, junk.
Competition is key in any industry, however in an market that caters to one generation of one make of one model there are only a few of us actually producing new parts. If we as in ALL of us like BIC, LIPP cannot sell our new innovations because they are copied and everyone whats for that then what incentive is there for us to create new products that you will not buy until someone copies it?
If we are not going to make money to pay or checks why would we take all the time to produce new stuff? Liking the car does not put food on the table. Selling parts is the key, the China parts are made from inferior steel with poor quality control. We do alot of work with many companies in many industries. We have seen many products go overseas for manufacturing and back to the states because the end product is bad. By choosing to use inferior products on your car is a choice, but remember this thread in a couple years when you will be asking why doesn't anyone make this product for our car or here is a good product idea. No one will be there to produce it and it has to be made here first because the chinaman cannot create a new product just hack ours.
If your only interested in the now and don't care that nothing new will come in the future by all means buy the chinajunk to save a dollar...you will also be able to save in the future because there will be nothing new to buy

Sorry for the long post, but this an important issue

+1,000,000,000........Seriously!:thumbup:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
bkma71;1273322 said:
If we were talking about a company that does in house prototyping, then moves to mass production at an automated factory or something similar, you'd be right. The thing is, there isn't enough demand to support that, in the first place, which is why every BIC downpipe is still hand cut, fitted, welded, and finished by Randy personally. There is no 'mass production' involved here.

So, if Randy is going to make the same amount of money selling 10 at a reasonable price, vs selling 50 dirt cheap, why would he choose to increase his workload for the same amount of profit? That's just silly.

Racer-X;1273537 said:
I am not the "buy-it-cheap-by-any-means-guy" nor the "I-ain´t-got-no-money-guy" but if there is a good offer why not?
No, you're the "I'm a decent craftsman myself, so if they screw the pooch making it, I can fix it anyway" guy. Nothing wrong with this, but you're definitely in the minority, most car owners need a part that bolts on without any problems.

SupraSportJack;1273632 said:
If we are not going to make money to pay or checks why would we take all the time to produce new stuff? Liking the car does not put food on the table.
This is key. I'm a consumer, just like the rest of you, and you know what's number 1 on my priority list? Vendors and Craftsmen who make enough money that they can continue to support my hobby. I don't want to rely on back yard mechanics who do this in their spare time. I'm willing to pay more for something, as long as it's still reasonable, of course, if it means I'll be supporting someone who can do this to earn their keep.

Racer-X

Jan 25, 2009
Rendsburg
OK, guys, just wanted to let you know that this chinese seller hasn´t answered yet. He even hasn´t replied to my e-mail from yesterday and if you check his feedback you can see that he does still not have more than 92 pos. points. I would even go so far and say that I am not the only one who hasn´t received his item yet...

Racer-X

Jan 25, 2009
Rendsburg
So, just wanted to let you know guys that you should not take his parts into consideration. The whole thing turns out to be fishy. I still have not received the part and no tracking# or any other kind of information.

The only thing I heard of him was an e-mail - he needs my "telefone numbar". And again, after my e-mail no response.

I told him that I will contact ebay and paypal in this matter. Nevertheless, still no move from his side.

If I am not going to receive any kind of helpful information I will have to apply for paypals buyer protection program.

Sad, but true.

Stay tuned...

Racer-X

Jan 25, 2009
Rendsburg
Alright, guys, I´ve contacted Paypal in this matter. I noticed complaints from other customers who are in contact with me, too. Five other customers have not received their items and it´s more than one month ago!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY! BEWARE!

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
My car had a eBay dp when I bought it. 2 months later, it had a fist sized whole in the metal colored paper they used.

I now have a bic ddp. From the moment I picked it up I was sold on the craftsmenship.

Stick with our vendors. Any hole created in your wallet will b filled by the peace of mind your new quality part will give you.