Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Turbo #2

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters

slowsupratt

Your Daddy
Feb 10, 2007
Oceanside, Ca
I'm not sure which one of these two turbos would suite my application the best. The car is mostly going to be a fun toy car which will see very little track time.

Both turbos are precision 67's

1) .58 a/r hot side which is a p-trim

2) .81 a/r hot side which is a q-trim.

I know the first turbo will have a much better spool and the other more top end. I'm not sure which will be better suited to run on a non-track 1jz car. The car has crower 272 small core cams so that makes some of a difference.

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
I had a 67 with a .70 p trim.. was a nice setup imo..

Since your not into tracking your car and just having fun wiht it, it will be the quickest spooling option, but still flow good hp up top.. My .70 p trim had power all the way to the limiter (7600) with the crower cams.. Peak power I say was ~ 7200.. but power didn't fall off, just leveled out..

Shadow

87 1JZ-GTE Single Turbo
May 25, 2005
Windsor, Ct
Go big or go home! That's what I think of when I put parts on my Supra. More power= more speed= more fun. Yea sure it will suffer in the lower rpm's but once you hit that boost, you'll be thrown into your seet and the compatition blown away. If it were me; .81 A/R for sure. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Shadow said:
Go big or go home! That's what I think of when I put parts on my Supra. More power= more speed= more fun. Yea sure it will suffer in the lower rpm's but once you hit that boost, you'll be thrown into your seet and the compatition blown away. If it were me; .81 A/R for sure. GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!

Unless the competition is going around corners... Plus I doubt he's going for more than 600 whp anyway.