Which radiator is good?

Aspec

Supra uber alles
Dec 22, 2005
Surprise, AZ
whowouldfigga;1047849 said:
Has anyone found an oem replacement affordable (under $200) radiator with metal end tanks. I was looking at the koyo and silla at 935motorsports but both of those units have plastic end tanks.

The brand CSF has metal tanks. Under $200 will depend on who you know and how far they are from you.

Blade2001

Apr 9, 2007
TX
whowouldfigga;1047849 said:
Has anyone found an oem replacement affordable (under $200) radiator with metal end tanks. I was looking at the koyo and silla at 935motorsports but both of those units have plastic end tanks.

have you tried Autozone? from the picture, the SPI one looks like it got metal tanks.. worth calling them..

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
frontierguy25;1047503 said:
It almost sounds like you have something else wrong with your cooling system. Check your thermostat to make sure that it opens, replace with a 160 degree one, (that's what I have) make sure your fan clutch is working properly and waterpump is working properly. Then do a radiator flush. If you're even boosting 20 psi on a upgraded CT you should be fine with a stock radiator. I Have the Koyo and I love it! But then I have a ton of mods to the car as well.

Did anyone catch that?

The stocker is 190, don't go below 180 or you will be excessively washing down your cylinder walls with fuel until the car heats up to operating temps.

Who

Supramania Contributor
starscream5000;1048728 said:
Did anyone catch that?

The stocker is 190, don't go below 180 or you will be excessively washing down your cylinder walls with fuel until the car heats up to operating temps.

I caught it! I caught it!... but I am a junior member and did not want to speak out of turn.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
starscream5000;1048728 said:
Did anyone catch that?

I did...it just gets old saying the same thing over and over. Especially in different threads on the same day ;)
Makes me wonder sometimes...what a thermostat does is not exactly rocket science.

Chris - it's not so much it will wash the cylinder walls down; warm-up enrichment is a function of the stock ECU so it should not do that (at least excessively). You will just run rich for much longer than necessary...depending on where your fuel pressure is at (if you like one of the guys that thinks 40 psi is good) you will exasperate a rich misfire. At minimum you will waste gas.