where to move?

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Im 21, in houston. The last thing holding me here was my gf, thats over now. I need to get the fuck outta here, I wanna move and never look back, wheres a good place to start new? A place to live where I can find a job and live on my own? Any suggestions.

And no, Im not being dramatic, I had this planned if it ended.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
phoenix6 said:
Im 21, in houston. The last thing holding me here was my gf, thats over now. I need to get the fuck outta here, I wanna move and never look back, wheres a good place to start new? A place to live where I can find a job and live on my own? Any suggestions.

And no, Im not being dramatic, I had this planned if it ended.

u wanna go west or east?
u like cold, warm, always warm, mixed weather?
u wanna live in the city, small town, ?
kinda hard to give an opinion, or biased in that matter..

Last edited:

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
Corpus Christi :)

we got some fuckin cool people here. we got ME here. couple other supra guy that know their shit

everything is easy to find here
everything is cheap
getting a job? no problem!
getting ur own place here is easy as shit and is extremely cost effective.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I like Oregon except for the rain and the speed limits. I haven't lived anywhere else, though I've traveled a lot. It really does depend on what you're looking for though. I've considered Arizona before:

Mark Tozer said:
Some people were raised in AZ and others like myself, Guilly, Saad are transplants from other parts of the world for various reasons. It is a dynamic economy with a lot more potential than many places. It is a motorsports and outdoor heaven. It is legislatively a solid place to have fun and if you are bright and motivated an even better place to earn a solid living. Toss in great real estate value and you have a decent place to live..........

thesandymancan

a.k.a: mittens
Mar 7, 2006
boise, idaho
swaq said:
I like Oregon except for the rain and the speed limits. I haven't lived anywhere else, though I've traveled a lot. It really does depend on what you're looking for though. I've considered Arizona before:

where in arizona would you move? phoenix is hot all the time. summer, winter, it's all the same. there's lots of crime. and land is expencive.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
thesandymancan said:
where in arizona would you move? phoenix is hot all the time. summer, winter, it's all the same. there's lots of crime. and land is expencive.

Dunno. I wasn't thinking of moving there anymore. I'm following my fiancee to grad school for a few years and then we'll go where the work is. Possibly California in the bay area.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
thesandymancan said:
now that's a plan i like.

whats even better, is that they keep their nose out of the world crap, they dont care.
I wonder why the middle east hasnt gone all gihad on their asses?
no wait I dont.

and if I want snow, bam, they got some mountains with plenty of it
all year round.
beaches? check
flat roads? check
cool people? check
Land? plenty of it.
I can go on.
Australia, I hope they accept me:biglaugh: I dont really have an aussy accent.

JDM 1JZ

I hate Tires
Aug 31, 2005
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
i like south jersey, even though alot of people hate it haha, 10 mins from almost everything, all the local malls, 2 hours or less from all shore points, 10 mins from philadelphia

JoeC

Banned
Jul 10, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
I lived in california for 7 years, spent every summer in oregon pretty much, and live in washington now.

I gotta tell you, California SUCKS!.. I just dislike every thing about it. end of story. lol..

Oregon is nice, but ALL of the cities you go through will be bare, aka... buildings, and.. thats it.. dead grass, no trees type of thing. (unless you go west towards the ocean and thru the mountains..)

Washington though, to me.. Is perfect. In the summer it is HOT (80-90 mostly) we have green trees EVERY where.. literally.. You will be driving through town and see areas of just forest? Lotta parks, friendly people. In the fall all the leaves drop from the trees, except for the evergreen trees, it rains a lot.. during the winter it occasionally snows.. its kinda like flipping a coin to see how much we get. But drive any where higher in elevation and you have a couple feet. lol. Beautiful lakes and rivers, everywhere. Spring time you will see occasional rain, and a mixture of hot days.

mt hood in the spring. (every one can see this mountain in their backyard, about 45 min away in the winter.)
http://academic.reed.edu/economics/course_pages/noel/Econ352/Mt%20Hood%20and%20flowers.JPG

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
nah...my area

dirt cheap to live...moderate climate....except for work, havn't wore a pair of jeans yet this year.

lotsof jobs...depending on what you can do...hell haliburton is advertising on the radio needing people, no exp needed.

plus it's still kinna close to home for ya....

the "bad thing" is that it is the plains....no trees, but lots ofmostly empty roads that are straight, smooth and go on forever...

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Move to Florida. They couldn't give a damn what car you drive and what's done to it, the cost of living is pretty cheap in South Florida (not near the beach or Miami). It does have some pretty fuckin weird weather. It'll be 60 one day and then 96 the next. As witnessed 2 weeks ago. But it's nice here and I don't mind it at all.

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
Move to Tokyo man! The ladies here love American's and you could get the chance to own a badass Supra for dirt cheap. I'am talking like a nice MK4 TT w/ 6 spd for the price that you pay for a super nice MK3 over in the States. This place kicks ass. It humid here in the summer time though. Hardly snows during the winter. Lots of culture too!