Whenmunkysfly's Raped Ape Build Thread

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
So i went out to drive the car more and brake it in yesterday and the clutch goes to the floor. take a look under the car and find this...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

so i bought this

sm_photo_missing.jpg

hopefully this will fix it. lol. I could of bought a kit to rebuild my current one for $13, or just spent $30 and got a new one from napa, and save my self alot of time. So that's what i did. Sorry for the bad pictures left the DC at home by mistake.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
200miles down on the brake in.
It is really amazing how after so little mileage between oil changes i drain the oil and it comes out black. Only 1800miles to go until lift off lol

I also figured out where my damn oil leak was coming from. That was irritating to have a fresh rebuild leak oil all over the place, but I found out that my oil pressure sensor wasn't tight.:aigo: Guess thats what happins when you have two people working on a car.:nono: At least it was only a small, slow leak.:3d_frown:

Last edited:

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
It's funny i love the snow and always wished it would stick around for an extended period of time, but now that it's sticking around I WANT IT GONE. The longer this snow sticks around the longer it takes for me to brake my engine in.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
kylefoto said:
They created "PM's" or PERSONAL MESSAGES for a reason my friend.
lol thanks in other news

I thought my clutch was slipping up hill if i went into posative pressure but it seams my rear driverside wheel is spinning. lol guess i need some new softer rubber as this rubber prob. sat in the prevous owners yard for a good year.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Well, I have done my last oil change for brake in. Now I've got full synthetic in there. Also fixed my oil leak found it was leaking from the oil filter braket and replaced it.(fresh build and seal goes?lol) next on my list is clutch (since it slips at 6psi). I figure when I change the clutch I will also pull the tranny(of course)and read dif. and change the oil in both since I'm sure the PO never did. Other then that and an exhaust(muffler is falling apart) the car is solid.

also when I get my MAFT- pro in I will make sure to take lots of pics

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
well I have been at a wall till just now got my dad paid back finally and now I just got a bic ddp for by birthday from him don't have it here yet but this means I can finally get all my sensors hooked up for the maftpro and get her tuned.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Please post more pics as this is supposed to be a "build thread" Where is the working up, of the build? Where are the pics and such of build? Parts etc....

Duane

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
upgradedsupra said:
Please post more pics as this is supposed to be a "build thread" Where is the working up, of the build? Where are the pics and such of build? Parts etc....

Duane

sorry duane I was just updating as I haven't done so in quite some time. just nothing has been happining. I havn't even hooked up my maftpro yet because I want to make sure I can hook it up all the way before I do.

so....as soon as my bic ddp comes in I will have pics of everything from the install.