What's the worst job you've ever had?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
My worst job was not because of the work but the working environment. I had worked in the printing business for a while but had been having a hard time finding work. I took a job working in a run down shop that was run by a guy younger than me (and I was only 20 at the time) who inherited the business after his father had killed his mother and then himself. I used to hear him in his office sobbing.

He was doing coke in his office, his coke addict girlfriend ran the front counter, and the building was a fire trap. He had an old friend working for him running one of the other presses, and I actually watched the owner grab him by the neck and start to strangle him once. We had a ballast catch fire one day and the emergency exit was chained closed because the guy was paranoid about people taking stuff out the back door. I quit that day.

When I quit the job my probation officer said I was "lazy and no good" and not living up to my probation conditions and that by quitting I violated my probation. I was re-arrested 5 days later and within a week I had left the state under warrant beginning a nearly 15 year "run"

...that was a bad time.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
theWeezL said:
When I quit the job my probation officer said I was "lazy and no good" and not living up to my probation conditions and that by quitting I violated my probation. I was re-arrested 5 days later and within a week I had left the state under warrant beginning a nearly 15 year "run"

...that was a bad time.

Damn. :aigo:

My worst was working a few days from 5pm to 5am in a packaging company as a temp job. Just crappy hours for the most part, and very boring, repetitive, tedious work. Minimum wage too, of course, and somehow I didn't get overtime...

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
Got Boost? said:
i worked at House of Pies. I was the only busboy during my shifts. They had me do things non-stop for 8-9 hours without the chance to eat and never told me what my pay was after I asked, so I said fuck it and left after 3 weeks.
oh wow i was there a few weeks ago, the pie is pretty awesome, and the foods decent too

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
thechori said:
oh wow i was there a few weeks ago, the pie is pretty awesome, and the foods decent too

Which one? the one offa Antoine by Eisenhower (i worked at that one) or the other one offa Montrose?

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
telemarketer sucked
bag boy and cart fetcher sucked
newspaper deliverer sucked

car detailer was probably the most fun

now i'm a manager trainee at penn station, been there for 9 months and it's getting old. i just got the promotion from grill cook though...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Caddying for rich mofo's that pay 500+ for a round and tip you $5.

It was at Cherry Hills Country Club across the street from "Cherry Hills Farms". Thats fancy talk for a collaboration of multi million dollar homes. I had to take three rounds of pay-free "training". Then I worked 2 rounds, got harrassed by all the low-life 40 year old caddies that must have said "fuck" twice every sentence, got paid 25 bucks for 6 hours of prep and work and never came back.

Every other job has been sweet. (Scorekeeper, Referree, Construction Assistant, Best Buy salesperson, Guitar Center greeter and shoveling the snow in my neighborhood)

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
theWeezL said:
My worst job was not because of the work but the working environment. I had worked in the printing business for a while but had been having a hard time finding work. I took a job working in a run down shop that was run by a guy younger than me (and I was only 20 at the time) who inherited the business after his father had killed his mother and then himself. I used to hear him in his office sobbing.

He was doing coke in his office, his coke addict girlfriend ran the front counter, and the building was a fire trap. He had an old friend working for him running one of the other presses, and I actually watched the owner grab him by the neck and start to strangle him once. We had a ballast catch fire one day and the emergency exit was chained closed because the guy was paranoid about people taking stuff out the back door. I quit that day.

...that was a bad time.
I'd like to hear your life story.

Sportriderseattle

Nov 5, 2006
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
I was an insurance claims adjuster, listening to assholes complain about their injury and wrecked car. Case load was overwhelming and it was not uncommon to have 20 voicemails when you first arrive in the morning. Pay was decent but compared to other jobs and responsibilites, it should have been a $100K job. I'M FREE NOW THOUGH!

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
TargetHolder.jpg

Topher E

Trance Head
Aug 4, 2005
Vacaville
Jiffy lube -.-

Being threatned to be fired because you do not want to drive 1.5+hours to eldorado hills to change oil was gay. GOD i wanted to kick the manager in the balls that day.

That shit got old fast.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
back when i was 18 - 21 I worked at Giant Eagle ( grociery) deli dept.
It was so painfuly hard always asking the milfs how many pounds of hard salami they need an if they needed it delivered........

Will

suprahoops

Dec 8, 2005
Colorado
middle school janitor.... nothing makes your day like a cloged toilet that has been shit in 5+ times...

that pay was good tho

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
tire jocky- freezing temp outside all day dunking tires in to water that iced over every time you had to dunk a tire. it wouldnt have been bad in the summer but in the middle of winter it down right sucked

all my other ones have been good

best is my military carrer

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
my worst really wasnt too bad. i was working at a plant nersery owned by my aunt. we got along fine, the pay wasnt great but not bad, but i ust hated the work. plants are not my thing so if someone came up to me asking if we had this plant in stock i'd usually say no just to get them to go away. then there were plenty of times when i said we didnt have something and then the customer would spy an entire display of whatever they were looking for. in the end i started doing alot more work away from customers.

Merchants tire and auto mounting tires and changing oil, good job, better pay

now i'm at a place called Sonic Tools Lp. http://www.soniclp.com/
i work with CNC grinders making carbide tooling to tolerances of + or - .003mm. this is my dream job. pay is awsome, people i work with are all awsome, and its a job i could continue after i graduate.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
oh wow...it's a tossup between the job i just quit...the one i started a thread about, and the four years i spent in a leather tannery.

10-12 hours pulling raw hides out of a salt-water tank, fingernails fell off, still have scars from salt sores...think about it, rip a fingernail off, or get a cut, and soak your hands in salt with a little water in it all day. humid and hot as hell even in winter, and in summer...it was the doorway to hell. after a year of that, i managed to bid my way to a forklift job in the plant, where i spent three years loading overhead tranning drums with 36000 lbs of cow shit, with a little bit of hide in them. of course, overhead meant you spent most of your time gettind slimed by shit and chemicals. and eventually it all will find its way inside your rubber coveralls, again think about wearing a rubber suit in a dark dank humid hell holeof a workplace.

and throw in the fact that i was the only one in the place that knew english.

truck driving is a lot more fun...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
working at an Express.
managers sucked at their jobs, yelled at employees on the floor in front of customers, falsely accused employees. also working untill close(10pm) and getting out at 1am is BS, especually when you need to be there at 8am and live 1/2 an hour away.
pay was bad for the work required.