whats the deal with mkiv 550's

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
afracer;1263494 said:
Sent mine off to Witch Hunter last week Tuesday, got a Paypal invoice on Friday, paid for it and got them back yesterday. I was very surpised that two injectors actually were essentially bad. Now they're all nice and pretty...practically new again and I know exactly what they flow.

What did that run you? I might do that just so I know for my own piece of mind.

afracer

Sep 1, 2007
Abilene, TX
pnutcar;1263640 said:
What did that run you? I might do that just so I know for my own piece of mind.

The website advertises $18 per injector which is exactly what I paid, plus I had to pay shipping to get it there, they paid it for the way back. Great service, and quick too!

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
Shiznits dude hook us up with their website if they have any. I might need to get some used high impedance injectors later to replace my 380cc one's. And $18 to clean and flow test each sounds like a good deal to me.

Johnysupra

Rhenerie
Nov 7, 2007
Michigan
rhenerie.spaces.live.com
High Impedence = High resistance/reactance. No resistor pack, controlled directly by the ECU 440cc 2J injectors

Low Impedence = Low resistance. Requires resistor pack or injector driver to prevent High amperage from flowing through the ECU. 2J 550cc's

SupraFreak13

1JZ Drift Celica
Jan 3, 2009
Baltimore MD
afracers results worry me a little. I just put a set of JDM 440s into my 1JZ, but didn't have them cleaned or tested. Now I wish I did. $18 is a good price, I paid $25 each a while ago through RC Engineering.

afracer

Sep 1, 2007
Abilene, TX
cramerizking;1287139 said:
Another props to witchhunter.

Got my injectors back: 540-543-543-541-543-541

Told you they were good! Hey, when you throw them in your car, before installing them, give each one a little tap or two with a metal hammer, on the metal part of the injector. Mine were a little stuck and not firing at first when I threw them in, just needed a little tiny bit of persuasion to get moving.