What would you pay for perfectly clean/stock supra?

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
If you're looking for immaculate close to stock condition, and don't want to wait 6-12 months to find the "right" deal, for an N/A look around the 3-4k ballpark. For a turbo look in the 6-8k ball park for a 90-92. Thats one with no torn interior, no wear in the interior, other than a few paint chips from rocks on the hood, exceptional paint, no rust ANYWHERE, passes emmisions, no leaks of any fluid, no wierd start issues, A/C working, no exessively worn bushing. The list goes on.

If you settle for a nice clean looking supra, yeah you can lower the price to the 2k range for a N/A and 3-4k range for a turbo, but more than likely you'll find those come with issues of thier own.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Well ya, by doesn't need work, i really mean that it runs and doesn't have a crucial malfunction that must be dealt with immediately.

Thing is... if i got a turbo and the turbo needed rebuilding I'd be fucked. I dont have time or money to waste on that. The turbos are also much more likely to get a bhg? Correct? Of course if its been redone already and done right it should hold fine, but you never know.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Murd said:
If you're looking for immaculate close to stock condition, and don't want to wait 6-12 months to find the "right" deal, for an N/A look around the 3-4k ballpark. For a turbo look in the 6-8k ball park for a 90-92. Thats one with no torn interior, no wear in the interior, other than a few paint chips from rocks on the hood, exceptional paint, no rust ANYWHERE, passes emmisions, no leaks of any fluid, no wierd start issues, A/C working, no exessively worn bushing. The list goes on.

If you settle for a nice clean looking supra, yeah you can lower the price to the 2k range for a N/A and 3-4k range for a turbo, but more than likely you'll find those come with issues of thier own.

Small issues are fine, as long as it runs well for now. I'm planning on slowing replacing parts to get it close to stock. But very slowly, piece by piece.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
suprarx7nut said:
Well ya, by doesn't need work, i really mean that it runs and doesn't have a crucial malfunction that must be dealt with immediately.

Thing is... if i got a turbo and the turbo needed rebuilding I'd be fucked. I dont have time or money to waste on that. The turbos are also much more likely to get a bhg? Correct? Of course if its been redone already and done right it should hold fine, but you never know.

Only because they tend to be driven harder. Both are likely of a BHG because both heads were torqued to the same factory spec of.... 56 ft/lbs? I can't remember the exact number but it's low.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I payed $6k flat out cash for mine.

92 turbo w/ 64k miles first owner, they sold it to me w/ bhg but neglected to mention it.

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I paid $3300 for my grey metallic 88 N/A... no major issues, pretty damn good shape (dirty interior but cleaned up well)... but alas all 4 corners were shot for brakes, brake booster was gone (no rear brakes at all!) and it had a blown head gasket.. around 5k in repairs later I have a car that is sitting in the garage because I dont want to bring it out in the winter and bought a 86 honda accord hatch to drive around in during the winter.... lol

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
^^Ya those are the ads I've been lookin at. But i normally leave in the older mkIII's and set it to manuals only. The only ad I'd never seen was the $30K showroom piece.

I guess i never really took notice that there are a lot of decent 90+ turbos for under 5 grand. I'm thinking that may be a workable stretch. Either way thanks a lot guys and keep up the helpful responses, I'm lookin for as much input as i can get from people that have had these before.

Thanks!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
^^Ya I knew that, I guess I just always hear airbags. I just typed it without thinkiing about it. But thanks.

Besides anytime I'm driving any faster than the speed limit, I'll be the only occupant, so the passenger airbag isn;t too necessary.

mclabaugh

suprastuntin
Nov 29, 2006
houston, tx
hey if u have $ 2500, u can do like myself and most others. buy a broke supra for $ 500, put a jdm motor in it for around $800, and then see what else needs fixed. u will still remain under that $ 2500 mark more than likely. and you'll have a decsent running stock supra.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I had my Supra given to me.

I bought one for $500 with a BHG

My friend bought a BHG N/A for $1900

Another friend bought a CLEAN '89 N/A for $6k

With MKIII Supras at least, the price is *definetely* set by what someone is willing to pay.