What Would I Need?

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
I'm just curious as to what I would need to convert the front of my 86.5 to an 89+ appearance. I know I'm gonna catch some flames from some of you, lol, but oh well. It's something I really want to do. Obviously I know I'll need the front bumper, turn signals, and the mini grilles. But is there anything else for bolting purposes, or will those all just bolt right up. Possibly if I could get a price on what I'm looking at for the parts I need. As well I'm considering doing the 89+ tail lights as well. Thanks for the help guys.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
my dad picked up the conversion for like 200-300 from a guy on here...

the deal was 'ok' as i had to paint all of the stuff to match, and a few metal peices were kinda rusted so i had to be sure to paint them REALLY good...

but heres what my car looked like before and after...my old car now...=[
and i threw in a pic of the JDM 3-pc tails that just made the car look so much better.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1111139_1.jpg

p1111139_2.jpg

p1111139_3.jpg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
no... just the bumper stuff. i didnt change my fenders. or my turn signals... (as you can see in the pics)
and i only put the fog lights in cause i was selling the car and had no other use for them.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
I have a '91 front bumper w/ the small grills, fog lights and front turn signals.
Also the OEM front bumper rubber lip and the mounting bracket (?) that
attaches to the bumper and the foam piece that goes on the bumper and 2
inner liners that attach to the stock under tray. Let me know if you're interested.
Its all in really nice shape, came off my car when I changed the front to a
Bomex. I have no idea what its worth.

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
i did my old car with just a bumper that i picked up for $40, but it would have turned out alot better if i would have had all the 89+ stuff, like the bracket for the header panel. i like the longer turn signals on it though. heres a pic of my old car before i sold it.
p1111547_1.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
^---your mirrors were mis-matched...;)

If you need a set of JDM 89+ signals, let me know, and I'm also selling lexus foglight inserts you can add to 89 fogs to give them a JDM look...

Pm me for both..

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
RazoE;1111558 said:
^---your mirrors were mis-matched...;)

If you need a set of JDM 89+ signals, let me know, and I'm also selling lexus foglight inserts you can add to 89 fogs to give them a JDM look...

Pm me for both..

i never noticed that about the mirrors in 4yrs i owned that car, i sold it about a year ago.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
SWD Fredester 3;1111503 said:
I have a '91 front bumper w/ the small grills, fog lights and front turn signals.
Also the OEM front bumper rubber lip and the mounting bracket (?) that
attaches to the bumper and the foam piece that goes on the bumper and 2
inner liners that attach to the stock under tray. Let me know if you're interested.
Its all in really nice shape, came off my car when I changed the front to a
Bomex. I have no idea what its worth.

How much would you let all that go for, please include shipping? Northern KY is my local.

SWD Fredester 3

Supramania Contributor
Apr 25, 2008
baltimore maryland
Zer0DeGreeZ;1111643 said:
How much would you let all that go for, please include shipping? Northern KY is my local.
I sent you a PM on this. As I said, I haven't any idea. Maybe some one here
might have a ball park idea. It is really what your budget can afford. Let me know.

67rstbkt

May 22, 2008
Reno, NV
Zer0DeGreeZ;1111033 said:
I'm just curious as to what I would need to convert the front of my 86.5 to an 89+ appearance. I know I'm gonna catch some flames from some of you, lol, but oh well. It's something I really want to do. Obviously I know I'll need the front bumper, turn signals, and the mini grilles. But is there anything else for bolting purposes, or will those all just bolt right up. Possibly if I could get a price on what I'm looking at for the parts I need. As well I'm considering doing the 89+ tail lights as well. Thanks for the help guys.

Check out the for sale section on here. There's some decent deals to be had if you're willing to do some sanding and painting.
I got the bumper for 120, tail lights for 120, and turbo wing for around 125.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
67rstbkt;1112244 said:
Check out the for sale section on here. There's some decent deals to be had if you're willing to do some sanding and painting.
I got the bumper for 120, tail lights for 120, and turbo wing for around 125.

Sweetness. Supra Garage Sales, lol. NICE!!! I believe I have everything covered for the front end 89+ conversion. But i'll deffinantly check that out for the tails and wings. I basically going for a Turbo-A appearence on my 86.5 N/A. So it's a fun process. I'm very excited. The Turbo-A's used the single piece spoilers right?

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
RazoE;1112266 said:
Nope turbo a's had dark amber turn signals, 3 piece turbo 89+ wings, black sawblades, turbo A graphics, and of course the turbo A front air duct...

Sweet, thanks for that, and noted.

89+ front end.....CHECK

Tails, Turbo-A Duct, Painted Saw blades left to do.