What to buy now

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
lol ok i have been reading abit about this in the past hour sounds good but what do i have to do get in right and what else will i need some say i do need 550 and other say no i want 12-15 psi and no worries lol if possable thanks agian

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
supramk3man said:
lol ok i have been reading abit about this in the past hour sounds good but what do i have to do get in right and what else will i need some say i do need 550 and other say no i want 12-15 psi and no worries lol if possable thanks agian

You need to devide this mess into sentences!

550's are always a good idea!

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
very true
the question is if i get the maft pro what all esle do i need and how do i get it tuned can i do this myself or do i have to take it somewhere thanks

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
lol i'm sorry if i keep asking the same questions or stupid ones i'm just tring to figure out what i need and i don't half know what i want.
so this is all i need
http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/itemdesc~ic~050MAFTPRO~eq~~Tp~.htm
1.do i need to buy anything else for this to hook and up and work
2. do i need to get the 550cc or will this kinda take care of that need
3. who is best to buy the setup off
thank you very much

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
supramk3man said:
lol i'm sorry if i keep asking the same questions or stupid ones i'm just tring to figure out what i need and i don't half know what i want.
so this is all i need
thank you very much

PM either

jtamulis or DRjonez they both will have the set up your looking for and will answer all your questions in detail! Personally i am dealing with jtamulis currently and he is GREAT!

He will give you his cell number, give him a call and chat for a bit about it! Youll see how great maf-t pro realyl is!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
supramk3man said:
so this is all i need
thank you very much

no worries mike. its better to research and ask questions rather than dive into something head first without knowing what is going on.

as far as the maftpro and accessories, it depends on how you want to run it as to what all you need.

no, you still need the 550cc injectors. stock injectors for 12psi on stock afm with stock turbo is ok. but, lexus afm AND an upgraded turbo you def need it. the maft pro is to tune the fuel mixture, it cannot add fuel that is not available.

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
well i have been on the phone alot tonight with jtamulis he was very helpful and very interesting to talk to if any one ever had a question about this upgrade i would talk to him in a min he is very nice

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
supramk3man said:
so this is all i need
thank you very much

HA HA. I;m in the same boat. Its been a tremendous learning exp. for me adding fuel, and a new turbo. A fellow MK3 owner who is pushing 600+whp told me the only stupid question
is the one not asked. AND, u can research as much as you can, but its a diff. ballgame, when u actually set out to work on the project you researched. Folks here are awesome, DBSupra is one hell of a guy. Research, ask, and go out there and do it, take your time, work sensibly, and have fun!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
something that i dont think was put in (i might be wrong, read kinda fast) is IIRC that the maf-t has the boost controler built in, so its all the $ well spent. personally ide go maf-t and 550s and up the boost and have some fun :evil2:

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
well from what i understand that is what i'm going to do is get a wide band, maft-pro, 550cc for right now me and Jeff have been tring to figure out what i need but so far every one has been a great help thanks guys

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
On another note, you may want to look into cooling for your car once you decide on what all performance stuff you want. I would look into getting a two row aluminum radiator (i believe almost aftermarket AL rads for the supra are 2 row). You may also want to get an electric fan for this, like Flex-A-Lite.
Before i get flamed for the FAL fans consider this: FAL makes dual fans and singles, why not get the both of best worlds? The elctric fan keeps temps cooler in lower RPM's whereas the pulley assisted fan is more efficeint at higher RPMs than the electric ones.
Keep the stock fan on the car and buy a single FAL fan and customize the fan shroud to fit the electric fan beside the pulley asisted one.
Granted I've never seen this done before, it does sound feasable. The only thing that would be a concern would be the clearances between the regular fan, the 2 row rad (or single, however you want) and the FAL fan. If anyone has heard of this being done, please chime in as I am interested in doing this myself.

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
i have a 2 row radiator on the way and not sure that i want a electric fan other than the small twins that come on the cars but thanks for the input very good idea for any one that hasn't done it yet

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
starscream5000 said:
Where at in Kentucky do you live? I live in Western KY.

hey i know where hartford is! i have some family that live outside owensboro.

there are several of us in the louisville area. hopefullly since we changed the meet date you can make it.

still waiting to hear the word back from the dyno guy, should be soon.