Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
67396-delete-key.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
tekdeus said:
I've been using Spam Bully, and it sucks. Lots of false positives, and it won't even keep a database of my good email contacts.

There's so many now, what's the best one out there?? Freeware?

for one thing you are looking in the wrong areas. Freeware and spam/spy anything should not mix. and i believe that paying for it is bs as well. Spybot search and destroy - the forum is in my signature. nothing is more powerful and is non profit.

ive used spybot and only spybot since 2002 on at least 6 different computers that still run today just like new.

if you dont want to use this for some reason iwould suggest going through the headache of buying and setting up a firewall from a reputable company (norton etc.)

spam bully sounds like one of the 'spy' programs that actually installs spyware onto your comp...

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Unfortunately, all of my spam comes from my school announcing things I couldn't care less about. I get 62 messages per day (on average) and all I can do is delete them. There is soo much spam mail that it sometimes crashes our server (recently some teacher sending a 10mb email globally)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
j3pz said:
ca security suite. came with a free 1yr subcription when i got my laptop. has spam blocker, firewall, anti-spyware, anti-virus. gave me some trouble with cookies though but so far im content with it.

most programs usually do

i didnt have trouble with norton but i stopped using it when i found out about spybot :)