• LAPTOP

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • DESKTOP

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
do you have them synchronize when you get home every night? Then maybe!

I've got 3 running computers, 1 with 2 monitors, a laptop, enough parts in my garage to put 2-3 low end systems together, and for some reason, a Pentium 2 dual CPU motherboard I bought for no reason really....

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
bigaaron said:
I've got a computer in the living room, one in the back room, a laptop, the car pc in the Supra, and a Blackberry with internet access. Am I a nerd now?
I'm 16 and have a Windows desktop, Macintosh laptop, PocketPC w/ WiFi & Bluetooth and GPS, Chocolate phone w/ Bluetooth headset, and.....oh, wait....you were being facetious. :p
Well, you're pretty close to being a nerd.

So what's the decision???

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
Ok, well I can remote control any of the pc's from any other pc in the house, or from the car parked out in the street. How about now, nerdness acheived? Oh yeah, I have a Dell x50v too! I almost forgot.

ChadMKIII said:
I'm 16 and have a Windows desktop, Macintosh laptop, PocketPC w/ WiFi & Bluetooth and GPS, Chocolate phone w/ Bluetooth headset, and.....oh, wait....you were being facetious. :p

Oh yeah....... well I'm 32 and I bought all of mine without asking for extra allowance money! :icon_razz :biglaugh:

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
bigaaron said:
Ok, well I can remote control any of the pc's from any other pc in the house, or from the car parked out in the street. How about now, nerdness acheived? Oh yeah, I have a Dell x50v too! I almost forgot.

Oh yeah....... well I'm 32 and I bought all of mine without asking for extra allowance money! :icon_razz :biglaugh:

PCAnywhere? I like screwing with people at work using that :icon_razz

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
bigaaron said:

Remote Desktop, SSH, VNC, or something else?

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Yep. When I was working at IBM I would remote desktop back to my home computer and VNC into various servers at work. I think I was one of the only people on our team who really used SSH much though, as everyone else pretty much only used VNC. I still need to set up VNC with my Mac, I just haven't had time.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
Ok.. Here is what I got. I went to the COMPUSA 10pm sale.

Laptop
HP PAVILION DV9000
Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology featuring Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5200; 1.6GHz
2GIG DDR2 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 (discrete 256MB)
160GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive
LightScribe Super Multi 8x DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
17" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display (1440x900)
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio 1 microphone-in 1 Expansion Port 3 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin) 1 Consumer IR 1 HDMI
Integrated 10/100 BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 Connector); high speed 56k modem
HP Pavilion WebCam with Integrated Microphone
Windows Vista

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
JMDigital said:

Laptop
HP PAVILION DV9000
Intel Centrino Duo mobile technology featuring Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5200; 1.6GHz
2GIG DDR2 SDRAM
5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 1 Headphone out w/SPDIF Digital Audio 1 microphone-in 1 Expansion Port 3 1 IEEE 1394 Firewire (4-pin) 1 Consumer IR 1 HDMI
Windows Vista

^^^ I'm sorry. Everything else looks fine except that you should have got gigabit ethernet.

ChadMKIII

Yup, Thats The G/F
Jul 14, 2006
Bay Area, Ca
bigaaron said:
:cry: :eek:wned:
I do need a job.....badly......lol.

Anyways, JM, how do you like the feel of Vista? I've had the beta sitting around waiting to be installed since practically the day they released it to TechNet subscribers. I've just been too busy to install. I'm sure the license wouldn't be valid anymore, so w/e.....
I'm curious what I missed out on UI-wise.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
ChadMKIII said:
:cry: :eek:wned:
I do need a job.....badly......lol.

Anyways, JM, how do you like the feel of Vista? I've had the beta sitting around waiting to be installed since practically the day they released it to TechNet subscribers. I've just been too busy to install. I'm sure the license wouldn't be valid anymore, so w/e.....
I'm curious what I missed out on UI-wise.

Well ive really only sat with it for about 30min total. with work I dont get alot of time to mess with the new stuff. I can say that alot of things got either moved or changed names. It took a min to realize some of the changes. Be carefull what you choose to "un-install" I removed WORKS and lost the microsoft email program somehow?? it also messed up the internet explorer icon and yahoo toolbar seems to be attached to everything? after messing with it for a liittle bit I spent most of the time doing a system restore. I made the 2 dvd's to be able to restore it to how it shipped. Now its all back and I am not going to remove any microsoft pre installed programs. I will get more into it over the weekend. It seems good so far.

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
JMDigital said:

Laptop
HP PAVILION DV9000
2GIG DDR2 SDRAM
Windows Vista

Excellent laptop! Friend of mine has the exact same one, except it has windows XP on it. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?