What OS do you people run?

Which OS do you run?

• Total voters

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I have 2x Vista machines, 2x XP machines and I just picked up my OSx machine today (first apple I have ever owned). What do you guys/gals run?

A

ArthurRitus

Run OSX on macbook, desktop has both vista and XP installed, but i choose to boot into XP 99.9% of the time, because i am not feelin vista yet.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I'm the only one running Linux???????

I've got dual boot XP/Linux on the laptop (FC7 ftw), XP on the wife's system, Linux on my server, and Linux on my main desktop.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Doward said:

I've got dual boot XP/Linux on the laptop (FC7 ftw), XP on the wife's system, Linux on my server, and Linux on my main desktop.

I used to run Ubuntu, switched over to Fedora for a while and finally went back to XP. Wine wouldn't emulate steam properly, and I don't know Unix enough to make it work.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
Kai said:
No option also for Windows XP Professional x86-64 Edition either....which is what i run :D
Thats what I run too. :p

Linux box was gentoo, now its ubuntu [for a quick reinstall]. May go back to gentoo? idk.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
XP and Vista both suck... Vista more than XP, but they both run a million things that aren't needed...

I like to run applications, not a bloated OS..

Adrian98

Banned
Dec 19, 2006
orange county
Doward said:

fedore, it all makes sense now :nono:

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Fedora - and yeah, the fact I don't jump on the Ubuntu wagon just shows how intelligent I am. I'm certain that's what you're trying to say, isn't it? ;)

Adrian98

Banned
Dec 19, 2006
orange county
Doward said:
Fedora - and yeah, the fact I don't jump on the Ubuntu wagon just shows how intelligent I am. I'm certain that's what you're trying to say, isn't it? ;)
I tired Ubuntu and would recommend it to first time linux users but I'm more of a slackware guy. i also enjoy instating from source. i would probably play around with linuxmint and such more or some of the prettier newer OSs but i run OLD hardware that does not support the latest and greatest from the visualization world.

though I do admin 10 CentOS servers for part time work
yum :biglaugh:

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
XP on my laptop and XP/linux on the desktop. i have used vista and i also am not feeling it. as much as i dont like xp, vista isnt any better.