What offset is the best?

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
what would be the perfect offset for front and rear to give the car an aggressive stance?
The car is already lowered with B&G springs with KYB Gr2's. I'm looking for something that will give the rim a "nice tuck".
I like the idea of a fat chrome lip,but not to where it's going to rub a hole in the inner fender.
Just looking for opinions,thanks.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
well. the perfect offset is based on the width of the rims and some times tire size. after we get that info we can help you. some searching might help beacaue i remember this was asked a few times in the last month.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
I already have a set of 18X8.5's,and i don't know the offset. I will be using Nitto NT555's,245/40 ZR's up front,and 255/45's in the rear.
I want to go an inch wider in the rim size on back.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I agree! the mkiv is 40 i think and looks sunk in to much

35 is perfect you might need to role the fender at worse case and if you have a good coilover package and stiff suspension then you have less worry on rubbing i would not pass 38 offset.

SupraBlur

Nov 16, 2006
Hollywood, CA
My rears are 18x9.5 +30 and I still have the factory splashguards and fenders are not rolled. Mild negative camber (about -1 degree). My fronts are actually too high (18x8.5 +37) and could use a 5mm spacer, but I'm holding off until I install the BBK before putting longer studs.

rearcorner2_ms.jpg

For the rear, if you must run stock camber and have 275's, then yes you should run +35, but of course that means you will get 5mm less lip, all else being equal.

-Ray

Apr 1, 2005
WA
supraman7mgte said:
I already have a set of 18X8.5's,and i don't know the offset. I will be using Nitto NT555's,245/40 ZR's up front,and 255/45's in the rear.
I want to go an inch wider in the rim size on back.

offset is almost always stamped on the wheel. also, offsets have ziltch to do with lip size. unless its a 3-piece. 1 piece wheels will have the same lip in any given dia./width. to get different offsets, they remove material from the hub flange.

245/40-18 is perfect for a 18-8.5" wheel, but your choice for the rear is all wrong. why would you switch to a 9.5" wheel and then put 255's on it?:3d_frown: also the overall diameter of a 255/45 is more than an inch bigger than the 245/40's in front. it will probably play havoc with your ABS if you still have it. i suggest 275/35-18 for the rear. much better suited to a 9.5" wheel and it would only be 0.1" difference in diameter from the front. although, even with this choice your stock speedometer will read 2.9% too slow. more of a nuicance than a problem.

as for, offsets... the offset is the measurement between the centerline of the wheel and the mounting surface. so if you change the width of the wheel, you also have to change the offset. for a 9.5" wheel in the rear, any offset between 37-51 "should" fit. 40ish should be close to flush with 0 camber but your car may be different so its best to measure your own vehicle. you can go with a smaller offset by using narrower tires and/or running negative camber like blur. and of course, you can always roll the fender.

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
screaminglemon said:
offset is almost always stamped on the wheel. also, offsets have ziltch to do with lip size. unless its a 3-piece. 1 piece wheels will have the same lip in any given dia./width. to get different offsets, they remove material from the hub flange.

245/40-18 is perfect for a 18-8.5" wheel, but your choice for the rear is all wrong. why would you switch to a 9.5" wheel and then put 255's on it?:3d_frown: also the overall diameter of a 255/45 is more than an inch bigger than the 245/40's in front. it will probably play havoc with your ABS if you still have it. i suggest 275/35-18 for the rear. much better suited to a 9.5" wheel and it would only be 0.1" difference in diameter from the front. although, even with this choice your stock speedometer will read 2.9% too slow. more of a nuicance than a problem.

as for, offsets... the offset is the measurement between the centerline of the wheel and the mounting surface. so if you change the width of the wheel, you also have to change the offset. for a 9.5" wheel in the rear, any offset between 37-51 "should" fit. 40ish should be close to flush with 0 camber but your car may be different so its best to measure your own vehicle. you can go with a smaller offset by using narrower tires and/or running negative camber like blur. and of course, you can always roll the fender.
I thought it was wrong for the rear, I was'nt realy sure.

Caractere

Mar 28, 2007
Murrieta
I have an opportunity to pick up a set of 19x9 (f) & 19x10(r) with a 25mm offset on both. Is this totally insane? Are they doable? What would need to be done?