what octane am i suppose to use

PorterzSupra

Oct 25, 2005
Hebron CT
"put some 93 in today because there is no 91 where i went car runs better and no stumble during hard accelaration"

- I would say the stumble has nothing to do with the octain, if you do the mathmatical conversion even the turbo cars with the compression ratio, turbo output exc it comes out that the car would run fine on 91, if u want ill try and find the chart from Ray Hall but if a turbo car with stock turbo and compression can run 91 a N/A would be able to also. I know alot of ppl would say OMG you cant run 91 but they were set up to be able to run it without any knock and ill find the chat to prove it, its funny the conversion comes out to EXACTLY " 91 " based on a stock turbo motor,turbo output and compression thats how it was designed by toyota. I also looked it up with for a NA-T and if you were to turbo a NA seeing it has a little more compression it recomends 93 with stock turbo. If you were to run a turbo block with the turbo putting out around 18-20 PSI you would need 103, If you were running that in a NA-T you would need 106 well you wouldent "need" it because the computer senses knock from the knock sensor and retards the timing untill knock is eliminated. So I think we should use the term it would run best at such ocatin levels because retards are never a good thing and always slow us down =)

Hope this helped - Eric
BTW heres the link http://www.turbofast.com.au/TFcompB.html#readme