WHAT IS THIS?

SLO-MK3

Not on the 1jz bandwagon
Nov 4, 2006
Plumas Lake, CA
x87SUPRA87x said:
Off topic:i didnt know if it was possible to flip it over or not, then whats the plate on the top? is that only on the 89+? because my 87 doesnt have one.

OT: I have no clue what that thing is for. My '89 ge was the same way, I didn't know they weren't on pre-'89's. There's also another larger plate on the plenum and I have no clue what thats for either.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
The filter medium is replaceable... you can either buy a replacement filter from Toyota (no idea what it costs) or just pick up some PCV filter medium (looks like a pad of synthetic cotton) from a local parts store for a buck and cut a piece to fit.

As for the plate on top of the Y pipe... I've yet to see an N/A without it. Including mine which is an '88. If someone's got one without it I'd love to see some pics!

EDIT: Oh, and as for the filter/buffer being an eye-sore, it's safe to extend that vacuum hose a few inches and tuck the filter/buffer out of sight next to the fuel rail.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
CRE said:
As for the plate on top of the Y pipe... I've yet to see an N/A without it. Including mine which is an '88. If someone's got one without it I'd love to see some pics!
Hmm heres a pic of mine, If its not a 89+ thing then maybe a JDM? I have a JDM ge in mine

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
x87SUPRA87x, thanks, I've never seen that before and I've seen a LOT of N/A's. I suspect that Y pipe is like that because it's JDM, remember, they didn't need to cast in an EGR inlet. I definitely looks cleaner.

As for the writing thing, yet again something I've never heard before. Every pre89 I've ever snagged parts from or worked on including mine has the writing. Might this actually be another JDM thing?

As for hiding the filter/buffer:

And, yes, I know the TPS is disconnected in that pic...

bluedragon17

87 NA-T baby!!!
Sep 14, 2006
Vacaville, CA
jetjock said:
bluedragon17: Is English your native language?
yes english is my native language and i know i didnt feel like correcting anything i was and still am exhausted ive been puttin in as many hours as possible on my supra school work car three four hours of sleep and do it all over again it sucks sorry again for the crappy typing

Last edited by a moderator:

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
bluedragon17 said:
yes english is my native language and i know i didnt feel like correcting anything i was and still am exhausted ive been puttin in as many hours as possible on my supra school work car three four hours of sleep and do it all over again it sucks sorry again for the crappy typing

i think he was more commenting on the fact that you make nothing but run on sentences and that children learn all about the use of the period and comma when they are in elementary school and that you also have have no capitalization grammar or sentence structure and that your posts are all but impossible to read however he would give you a pass on that if you did not know english because if english is indeed your first language it is really pathetic because of the aforementioned problems and if you would put in a minimum amount of effort it would be better for all of us *

* = This is written in your writing style. Notice how hard it is to read? Notice that it sounds like I shed 70 IQ point to write it? Capitalization & punctuation aren't that hard to use. Tired is no excuse for the way you butcher the language. In other words, put some effort into your posts.

Back on topic...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lol. Good stuff and pretty much dead on. I can usually tell when someone is lazy or just plain illiterate but sometimes I sense they might be a non-native speaker. I'd prefer to know which before I ignore future posts.

1988SupraDreams

Mar 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
EverythingFallsApart said:
I believe your vacum hose to throttle body off the afm is in the wrong place. It should go from thermostat housing to throttle body. Unless jdm is different..

There's no BVSV on JDM motors, my GTE is routed the same way because of this.