What does your Oil Pressure Gauge read at idle?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
ma7089 said:
what about your viscosity?
I won't disclose that... its top secret. ;)

"Operating temp" does not mean your water temp is at 88C, or that the stock guage is half way. It means driving for a minimum 15 minutes at somewhere around 3k rpm. Much more if its cold outside.

my7mgte527

im having a similar problem rite not at idle my oil pressure is almost at zero i cant seem to figure it out ive been i have my car filled with oil also so im not sure on wat to think . to top iit alll off my co workers r saying im leaking oil but there i cant figure out where

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
First, damn thread revival. Second please try an use better punctuation/grammar.

Now, did you read this thread at all? Everyone agreed that your gauge is going to read low. But you do need to find that oil leak.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
my7mgte527;1811535 said:
im having a similar problem rite not at idle my oil pressure is almost at zero i cant seem to figure it out ive been i have my car filled with oil also so im not sure on wat to think . to top iit alll off my co workers r saying im leaking oil but there i cant figure out where

There is two internal leaks. The piston squirters and the cooler circuit. When the engine is warm, the needle will barely be above zero. Get a mechanical tester, and test warm. If you eliminate the factory pressure bypass circuit, and go with a temp controlled thermostat, it will read higher at idle. A little.