what do you use to jack up ur lowered supra

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I have some 3-tonne (thanks IJ) jack from autozone. gets under most cars but for the supra I have to lift the front end up about an inch and kick the jack into place.

808mkiiisupra

Apr 1, 2005
The HOme OF the Grass Shacks
TOMA70E said:
I have some 3-tonne (thanks IJ) jack from autozone. gets under most cars but for the supra I have to lift the front end up about an inch and kick the jack into place.

shouldve mentioned it before...but i want to lift it up from the frame...if not i could use a regular jack on the jackpoints..but they dont look too nice after awhile

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
im just gonna buy those formula one jacks that are connected to the car and you just apply air and it jacks the car up.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I don't think you want to try to use an F1 jack on a supra, maybe if you weigh like 1000lbs or something. LOL.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
why not

im not talking about a floor jack.

im talking about the jacks that are permanately on the car so its more like a permanent lift than a jack lol

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
*hint hint* F1 cars are lifted up by essentially big levers by people who stand at the front and rear of the car.

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
Jeff Lange said:
Not always, some of the teams use pneumatic jacks, but either way, they're not mounted to the car.
That's true, I think I remember seeing Williams using a pneumatic setup. I don't know if they are still using it though, as it seemed awfully slow compared to the manual ones.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I think the mud flaps would have to be touching the ground for the stock one to not work. LOL.

It's much easier to use a hydraulic floor jack, only getting one low enough to fit under the subframe is a little daunting sometimes. It's either that or like has been mentioned a couple times drive up on something 1st.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
thats funny i've watched a Rolex or some kinda race where the jacks were mounted to the cars and it had a little air nozzle and they just hooked a compressor up to it and these little foot things came down jacked the car up they did their pit work and thenrelease the line and the car drives off. and they even talked about it for like 15 minutes. its attached TO THE CAR