what do you think am i running rich or missing something

odomd

computer illiterate
Jan 11, 2006
nj
Check the ends of your coils for small cracks. Mine was popping when it shifted, and when i checked the coils they had some small cracks. If you mix up some of that five min epoxy and brush it over the cracks. that did it for me and my plugs are gapped at 32, getting about 320 miles on a tank of 87.boosting all the time. Yes it is an auto.

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
i found small cracks in the coil pack on the top near one of the screws they all had cracks in the same place i did a temp fix with some RTV until i can buy more that are not broken.

Ninja Edit: i did this befor i wrote the post about a week or so before

odomd

computer illiterate
Jan 11, 2006
nj
I meant to ask you if you had cracks down on the other end, under the rubber boots.

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Mine does something similar, only pops occasionally though and always smells of gas. Just a few minutes ago I was on my way home, ran fourth gear up to about 80mph, let off and slowed down for my turn, downshifted to second and slowly got back on the gas and the car started bucking, then it drove fine. It does this occasionally and I can't figure out what it is. I don't believe it's the ECU, unless I have two dead ECUs... Both ECUs are JZA70 MTs.

odomd

computer illiterate
Jan 11, 2006
nj
Yeh id take off the rubber boots and clean off the silicone check for cracks if there are you will have to use some epoxy or rsein I think I even read some one used clear fingernail polish .

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
sorry to hijack..Jay do a leakdown test to see if its the cams causing the compression or its actually the motor... or maybe a bad valve/valve seat.. itll give a more accurate gauge to judge the health of the engine.. and to see where its leaking..

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
Well i think that i almost have the TPS dead on, but i noticed now the car doe snot feel as powerful as it did plus i am not boosting as high :( If i move the TPS to the position i had it in before which i know is wrong the car boosted higher and felt stronger??? but why??? doesn't it run rich stock, so if it added more gas that should not help the situation, right????

odomd

computer illiterate
Jan 11, 2006
nj
I did some checking clear nail polish is a enamal. not as strong as epoxy, might work for a little while.